Is it worthwhile to be using blogspot this days?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I started my blogging journey with free blog hosting in Google. Then it it was not because I could not afford the paid hosting and domain, but because I wanted to have experience in blogging and content creation.
It one thing to create a blog, it is another thing to promote it through targeted traffics. If you could not master all these rudiments in free blogs, then your expenses on paid blogs is just a waste.
That is why it is advisable for every new bloggers to test their water on free blogs such as blogspot.
However, one thing I'm not sure is if this blogspot is still lucrative now as it was in the past. Hitherto, blogspot can be used to apply for Google adsense, but now I don't know if it is allowable. And how many people are still using blogspot to generate income online?.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I know that some ad networks don't support domains that have sub domains in their names. But Adsense still accepts it from the look of things. I still see Adsense type ads on blogspot sites with the subdomain name.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.730
Yes it can be good. Adsense accept it since it is from same company Google. Biggest problem is users don't accept it. Many people don't like subdomains even if it Google subdomain.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
I tried starting a blog site for free by using the free Google blogspot. However I didn't find it worthy that's why I quit and thought of starting something paid.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I recently tried restoring one of the dead blogspot blog. It has been fun as I noticed that it was simple yet very fast in loading. It's not complicated. However it is limited in several ways so you need to add codes in your theme to add functions.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I have heard about blogpost but it is not something that I have used. I did hear that Google Adsense is accepted on there which is great and it could make it a great starting point for someone who is new to blogging and would just like to test the waters at first.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
I think it's a great way for the
Newbies in blogging to get test the waters through the blogspot which has the free hosting service. I think it can work out for you.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.160
If you are always sharing content about various reviews or dissemination of information then a blog is a go-go area if you want to look organized. Just the thought of archiving your work as well as exhibiting it as a writer or researcher to the world out there is so amazing. Starting with a blogger is awesome and I can also agree with others that it is good to start on a free hosting platform as you build up to a paid one. I am yet to verify as well if AdSense accepts monetization for Blogspot but one thing I know is that if you are commanding presence and your audience likes you then you are unstopable.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It depends on what you are using the site for. If you intend to make money, blogspot blogs are not very useful as it is really difficult to get traffic on free blogs

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is still worthwhile to be using blogspot these days, especially if you just created a blog and you have little or no experience in blogging and content creation.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
For me I think it's still very worthy. This is simply because I oftenly see so many blogspot hosted websites and blogs up and running across the web and some of them are even monetized.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.900
Yes it can be good. Adsense accept it since it is from same company Google. Biggest problem is users don't accept it. Many people don't like subdomains even if it Google subdomain.
I don't know why people do not accept it when Google adsense accept it
That seem to be very weird to me. I am not even seeing it as a bad idea as long as we can make money from it

You

Notable
May 12, 2023
Dex
$2.610
Raw Dex
$0.005
While Blogger remains popular given its ease of use, lack of costs, and integration with Google services, its limited customization, branding and monetization options have caused many bloggers to transition to self-hosted WordPress sites for greater creative control, revenue potential, seamless domain mapping and ownership of content. Still, Blogspot remains a viable starting point or option for hobby bloggers focused on simplicity over advanced functions.

Back