Is "nepotism" acceptable in hiring an employee?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.733
In my country, it is still being practiced, especially in different local government agencies. A good example is when I was still working in a government agency before. In our department, they do not have same last names, but they are relatives in real life. This the reason why I quit my job and moved on in my life. I cannot work with these people.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
It happens in the university where I work- mothers and sons, mothers and daughters. But in the private universities, they do not apply nepotism. It is only happening in the local and national government. I dislike this. It is so unfair and dirty affair.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.733
It happens in the university where I work- mothers and sons, mothers and daughters. But in the private universities, they do not apply nepotism. It is only happening in the local and national government. I dislike this. It is so unfair and dirty affair.
You said it right. That is why I turned down the last offer in one of the local government agencies in my city. They do not want to play fair and square when it comes to having the position titles.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.940
Raw Dex
$0.000
Though not common here, I think nepotism is still used in hiring people in many companies. I've worked for a NGO and at one time, our department was hiring an engineer. My supervisor got a call from a senior government official saying that his son just graduated from a UK university. His son was employed. That said, he had the necessary qualifications for the job and was a hard working young man. I had no complaint about this case.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Presently due to the rate of unemployment in the country, appointments are not done on merit anymore UT on favoritism. You have to be influentially connected before you can get appointments anywhere. The qualified personnels are roaming the streets looking for vacancies.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.480
I am not fan of it to but my boss hire her friends and her hephew. Her nephew calls her with nickname at work which I consider very unprofessional. In max 4 years I am leaving this employer.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country, it is still being practiced, especially in different local government agencies. A good example is when I was still working in a government agency before. In our department, they do not have same last names, but they are relatives in real life. This the reason why I quit my job and moved on in my life. I cannot work with these people.

A smart business owner will always be very objective when it comes to hiring staff that are going to work for him because they are the foundation that is going to ensure the success of your business.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.818
Raw Dex
$0.001
A smart business owner will always be very objective when it comes to hiring staff that are going to work for him because they are the foundation that is going to ensure the success of your business.
Being objective as a business owner is critical during employment and it's one of those things that will improve the business and enhance performance

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Being objective as a business owner is critical during employment and it's one of those things that will improve the business and enhance performance
Forget about the owner of a business being objective. Nepotism is the order of the day. Applicant are employed through favorism and not by merit. This favorism could be through political, religious, social or family connections.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.018
The truth of the matter is that it would he very difficult to eliminate this, nepotism can be found almost everywhere. People want to help does they know first before anyone else.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, nepotism, whatever the purpose and reason, is not justified. Because if it is justified then where is the justice? As a person who upholds justice and honesty, I really hate nepotism.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nepotism is very bad and it can actually bring a lot of bad reputation to a business venture. It can also make them to miss out on qualified people who could have taken the business to the next level.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

The moment you get the hiring of your stuff very wrong it is going to affect the business activities that you are going to be working on all the time and it will affect your business growth.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
it is really appalling now as this is still happening as we wrote. I think this is due to the rate of unemployment in some countries appointments are through connection

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The moment you get the hiring of your stuff very wrong it is going to affect the business activities that you are going to be working on all the time and it will affect your business growth.
Yeah, hiring staffs should be done with a lot of carefulness and proper examination. If you make some mistakes it can affect the growth of your business on the long run.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Anything nepotism shouldn't be allowed in the workplace as it brings disunity and serious partiality to the workplace. people needs to be employed on merit this is how it should be

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Productivity will decline in any business venture that is nepotic. It is always important to employ people based on merit rather than nepotism.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nepotism could be of benefit when you consider a factor like long term commitment to a business. A family member or relative has stakes in the business and would want to stay for a long time as possible to see the family succeed. A hired staff can decide to jump at the first better offer that comes his way.

Back