Is online job/hustle really unstable.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
So I used the holiday period to focus all my time on online hustle. I had a 3 weeks break from my offline job. So, from morning till night, it was solely online hustle.
And I made more money in that 3 weeks more than my offline work for a while month(I only worked in forums).

I wanted to quit my offline job since it distracted me from the online hustle. Everyone I knew kicked against it. Their argument was that online hustle is not stable. It can end anytime.

Is that true?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
So I used the holiday period to focus all my time on online hustle. I had a 3 weeks break from my offline job. So, from morning till night, it was solely online hustle.
And I made more money in that 3 weeks more than my offline work for a while month(I only worked in forums).

I wanted to quit my offline job since it distracted me from the online hustle. Everyone I knew kicked against it. Their argument was that online hustle is not stable. It can end anytime.

Is that true?
This is very true. You want to ensure that you have at least six months of earning kept aside and also, a strategy that's sure to earn you money consistently before you quit.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
This is very true. You want to ensure that you have at least six months of earning kept aside and also, a strategy that's sure to earn you money consistently before you quit.
I love this advice. So I should just use the offline job and hold myself while building capacity from the online work, so I can resign.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not advisable to quit an offline job all because you work with otp websites. No one knows the future of PTP. But if it is an investment, then you can quit because that is a business

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
If you are working in a company online, then it is a stable job to have. It is not advisable to rely on working on PTP, discusstion site, etc.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
For me, while i advice people to make money online, i also make sure they do not rely on the internet alone when it comes to making money. Get something doing outside the internet that would still fetch you money.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
For me, while i advice people to make money online, i also make sure they do not rely on the internet alone when it comes to making money. Get something doing outside the internet that would still fetch you money.
While you are making money online, save up and establish a business that can also help bring more finances to you.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I do online surveys and post on RIF. But such sites may come and go. It is not a reliable source of income for me. I mainly work on translation and I have built up a pretty loyal customer base. Online jobs are just my side hustles. If I were you, I would not quit my offline job. If offers you a stable income. You can make extra money doing online job when you have free time.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
I don't think it is a bad idea to work online but it should only be on stable sources. unfortunately ptp forums are not stable as such you can't rely on them that's the truth.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.625
I would say the same. I keep hearing about successful stories where people have quit their offline job and are earning good online. I have never been confident and comfortable to do so. Job security and a consistent income is something that is not assured in online earnings. And I think that it's discouraging for me to quit my offline job. I would actually love to have a full time online job( with flexible timings) that would save from commutation to work place. My offline job pays well.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.160
Raw Dex
$0.593
I feel that online job or work is not stable, since large companies and government agencies are robbing all the orders. Offline the income increases as the person becomes more experienced , online experienced people are making far less money.

freelancermaria

Well Known
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261
It is hard to rely on online jobs these days. It is better to stick with your offline job for the moment. PTP sites are not forever and they can shut down at any time of the day.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.863
Anyone that depends on an entirely online earning would be grossly disappointed. The sphere of online earning is very unstable. Platforms paying today and not paying tomorrow. Payments delayed. You can't plan your life around online earnings.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Online jobs have not always been stable. I am now running my own business alongside my return to online jobs. I have seen so many online earning platforms crash.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.450
I have been working online for more than a decade and based on my experience I can say online jobs are unstable it is not possible to make a lot of money every month

Back