Is selling fish in the market profitable?

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
Let us talk about non-virtual business but physical. I went to fish market this day and I saw fish vendors. There are young and not any more young fish vendors. I conducted a mini-survey about their experiences and their profit. I have learned that most of them were able to buy nice cars and have their own fish cars. Others own a fishing boat. I like to hire someone in charge of the fish selling I am wanting this very moment. I want to strike the iron while it is hot. What is your idea about this physical business I wanted to venture?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Having a physical store is good. Let alone the business is for people's consumption. Fish is a good business to market.

And in fact, we can have more varieties of fish and we are not limited to only one or two.

Augustus kparobo

Unfamiliar
Nov 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It an variety that has been in business as in the accient days till present and which still is a form of earning. Places has-been founded by fishermen and in state of paper planting a fishing vendor for one own income will be advisable by me as an interesting step in investment into ones future

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
Having a physical store is good. Let alone the business is for people's consumption. Fish is a good business to market.

And in fact, we can have more varieties of fish and we are not limited to only one or two.
Yes, you're so right. They're serving people. We need fishermen and fish vendors so we can buy our favorite fish. My teacher friend is sidelining. He sells fish at 4 in the morning and left at 5 to prepare for work. He said he sold 1 'bangketa' for 1 hour and has a profit of 400 pesos. He looks so happy.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.090
Raw Dex
$0.003
Fish selling business is still very lucrative here in my locality. in fact a lot of people here even prefer fish to meat so those selling fish are enjoying here because of high sales.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
@cherry123, also here fish selling is profitable and there's a fish vendor I like. She sells all fresh fishes. I've learned they own a fishing boat and 2 fish cars. They're having stalls in malls. They're rich because of this kind of business.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.090
Raw Dex
$0.003
@cherry123, also here fish selling is profitable and there's a fish vendor I like. She sells all fresh fishes. I've learned they own a fishing boat and 2 fish cars. They're having stalls in malls. They're rich because of this kind of business.
Yeah fish sellers here don't lack money because people are always buying their fishes. So it is a profitable business if you can run it well

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
That's right even a small fish vendors always have money on their wallets. There are also small fish sellers selling fresh fishes door to door. Sometimes I buy them to sympathise their struggles walking street to street with a heavy basket of fish.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.090
Raw Dex
$0.003
That's so great of you. it is always good to patronise them as they are doing great jobs at providing humans with the nutrients we can get from eating fishes.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$5.795
Raw Dex
$0.053
It's not a very good business here because the majority of the people are vegetarian and also the non-vegetarians don't like to eat fish. But yes if it's profitable in your place then you can open it if you feel you will be able to manage it.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$5.795
Raw Dex
$0.053
Yes, the smell of the fish is like you cannot stand by it for much time. I think the people who are in the business of selling fish are habitual of the smell but yes the people would not like the smell of the fish.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Imo, the fish business is very profitable and promising, but you have to know how to manage unsold fish so it doesn't rot, you also need to know how much capital is needed, to be able to find suppliers at low prices but good quality fish.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
Yes, you're so right. They're serving people. We need fishermen and fish vendors so we can buy our favorite fish. My teacher friend is sidelining. He sells fish at 4 in the morning and left at 5 to prepare for work. He said he sold 1 'bangketa' for 1 hour and has a profit of 400 pesos. He looks so happy.
Wow, he is very wise. He can maximize his time before going to work. I remember the student who sells taho before going to school. Actually he walks towards his school carrying the taho to sell. He wakes up very early in the morning to pick up his taho wearing his uniform and sell.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
@AmazingJob , yes, he is so hardworking and can multitask. he is young, age 26, married, and has 2 children. It is not easy to feed them and the medical needs of the kids are of prime importance. Becoming parents is not easy. Your mind is always on the welfare of your family.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.873
Selling fish is indeed profitable but like every business out there, i believe it has its advantages and as well disadvantages so i would advice you make proper research if its something you can deal with.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
Selling fish is indeed profitable but like every business out there, i believe it has its advantages and as well disadvantages so i would advice you make proper research if its something you can deal with.
Yes, I agree with you, the disadvantage is when there are only a few buyers and the owner will be forced to refrigerate the unsold fish. Buyers usually buy fresh fish and those unsold might be sold at a lower price. The advantage is when there are only a few fish vendors those present will have all their fish sold.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Let us talk about non-virtual business but physical. I went to fish market this day and I saw fish vendors. There are young and not any more young fish vendors. I conducted a mini-survey about their experiences and their profit. I have learned that most of them were able to buy nice cars and have their own fish cars. Others own a fishing boat. I like to hire someone in charge of the fish selling I am wanting this very moment. I want to strike the iron while it is hot. What is your idea about this physical business I wanted to venture?
Yes it is very profitable. Fish selling is a good business because the don't need to buy the fish. They only sought for them

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.415
Imo, the fish business is very profitable and promising, but you have to know how to manage unsold fish so it doesn't rot, you also need to know how much capital is needed, to be able to find suppliers at low prices but good quality fish.
That's why fish vendors have with them freezer to freeze the unsold fish.

Back