Is starch production a profitable business in your country.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
You buy it everyday does not mean that a lot of people buy it. My mum sells it in a wholesale way and it takes time to sell a carton.
It could be location issues. Starch doesn't last in shops. Majority of the boys in my locality can't wear shirts without it being starched. It is very profitable in my locality.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It could be location issues. Starch doesn't last in shops. Majority of the boys in my locality can't wear shirts without it being starched. It is very profitable in my locality.
For a product that is used both in the food and cloth industry, it should be and is highly lucrative. I know of companies that even pay people to plant cassava for them so they can extract starch from them.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
The use of starch on fabrics used to be quite popular here. But the demand seems to have dropped nowadays. My brother is in textile business. He said the technology of manufacturing different kinds of fabrics has improved a lot. Starch is not commonly used now.

Elendu

Unfamiliar
Jan 27, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cassava is the most widely used source of starch in Nigeria, and the country is one of the world's largest producers of cassava. The production of cassava starch in Nigeria involves several stages, including washing, peeling, grinding, sieving, and drying. The starch is then refined and packaged for sale

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Cassava is the most widely used source of starch in Nigeria, and the country is one of the world's largest producers of cassava. The production of cassava starch in Nigeria involves several stages, including washing, peeling, grinding, sieving, and drying. The starch is then refined and packaged for sale
Starch production companies have a particular kind of cassava that they use to extract starch from. They even pay farmers to cultivate that specie of cassava.
Post automatically merged:

Starch has two main uses in my country. The first use is for consumption as food. The second use is for laundry services. These two uses combined together create a high demand for starch.

Last edited:
Back