Is the clearance sale an authentic marketing strategy?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
In my view, clearance sales are just a marketing strategy in business. Some buyers think that it was a good opportunity to have some tangible things. In fact, the prices are still the original ones. It means that they are deceiving the buyers into buying these products. I am not generalizing the claim, but it is a common goal for every businessman in this world.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
Clearance sales to me is a good marketing strategy in business.as it helps to lure some buyers which will bring high sales volume it is a good opportunity to make money in your business

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.790
Raw Dex
$0.008
As the shopping mall is just a few minutes walk from my place, I often go to the shops I buy things from and check the price of their goods. If they are on clearance sale, I check the discounted price. In most cases, the price is lower than the normal price.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.568
Clearing sales strategy is meant to clear dead stocks, slow moving goods, short expired goods and all sorts of stuffs. They may increase the price weeks prior the clearing of stocks and reduce the prices to the normal prices on the clearing day.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
I believe so too. It is a marketing strategy for their business to dispose items that are needed to be disposed. I doubt that they sell it at a lower price. I think they change the price and add discount but in reality there isn't any discount at all.
You are right. I also noticed this scheme when having the 'buy one, take one' marketing strategy. If you are going to check it out further, they just double the original price of the items.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Clearance sales is a good strategy to sell out stocks that are not moving in the market. Instead of them staying and occupying shop space, you sell them out.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my view, clearance sales are just a marketing strategy in business. Some buyers think that it was a good opportunity to have some tangible things. In fact, the prices are still the original ones. It means that they are deceiving the buyers into buying these products. I am not generalizing the claim, but it is a common goal for every businessman in this world.

Clearance sales is one of the best strategies that you can make use of when you want to get rid of so many products that are about to hit their expiry date.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The sale that I know is one of the marketing strategies carried out by a business, when they want to do a warehouse clearance to clear up stock. If for new products you should not use the term sale, it will give the impression of a product that is not selling well, it is better to use the term new product promo price.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Clearance sales is one of the best strategies that you can make use of when you want to get rid of so many products that are about to hit their expiry date.
I noticed this scheme when the canned goods will be going to expire. It is better to do this than wasting them. It is feasible to gain something despite lowering their prices.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Yes clearance sales is simply a strategy the sellers make use of to clear out their old goods so they can have enough space and most importantly capital to get new goods in other to prevent losses.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Yes clearance sales is simply a strategy the sellers make use of to clear out their old goods so they can have enough space and most importantly capital to get new goods in other to prevent losses.
For a business perspective, it is a good thing. I felt bad for some buyers who are not aware of this scheme. When meeting some salesmen with this kind of scheme, they cannot sway me to buy.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, I believe that the clearance sale is an authentic marketing strategy because we all know that everyone loves affordable products and the word clearance tends to make people believe that prices would be a bit lower than they would initially

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a pragmatic approach in business to clear out products that are not doing well in the market. Slightly reducing the price from market price and selling them off makes more sense than waiting for your price that the pace would be one sold in 3 months.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

Clearance sales is not something that can be regarded as a very good strategy for selling your products because it means that you're trying to rush selling those products for one reason or another and your profit will not always be high.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
I believe so too. It is a marketing strategy for their business to dispose items that are needed to be disposed. I doubt that they sell it at a lower price. I think they change the price and add discount but in reality there isn't any discount at all.
There are some goods that the owner of the business has been trying to sell for so long so the person can sell them faster when he or she makes use of clearance sales method

Back