Is the pet salon business a good business?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country I know there is a salon business specifically for animal care, just like humans, pets also need care. High fees make the business look profitable, but not everyone with a pet takes them to a grooming salon. Some do it themselves to save money. So what do you think, is the pet salon business a profitable business?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country, it's not a good business I guess because not lots of people keep pets here. I don't see grooming saloons for pets here very often. They certainly charge high.
I've heard that my neighbor brought a cat for salon treatment, he paid Rp. 60,000, - or about 4$. For me, this is an expensive amount to just bathe a cat, I'd rather wash it myself. :D

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$0.800
Raw Dex
$0.145
That is expensive. Even I would have done it myself for my pet than going to a soon or somewhere. It's better not to waste money when you think you may be able to do that work yourself.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
There are many well-off in my place who bring their pets to the pet saloon for proper grooming and they are retained customers. For those who cannot afford the pay, they care personally.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are many well-off in my place who bring their pets to the pet saloon for proper grooming and they are retained customers. For those who cannot afford the pay, they care personally.
It's true that pet salons are only suitable for rich people who don't have to bother making money, but sometimes there are also rich people who are far more economical than people with an ordinary economic level. :D

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.480
It's true that pet salons are only suitable for rich people who don't have to bother making money, but sometimes there are also rich people who are far more economical than people with an ordinary economic level. :D
There is rich fever and they never like to burden themselves. Those who prefer to do the pet caring themselves, they are not economical, but they do not have time for that.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There is rich fever and they never like to burden themselves. Those who prefer to do the pet caring themselves, they are not economical, but they do not have time for that.
It's true, while we can do it ourselves we don't need to bother wasting money by taking it to the salon. In fact cats can even clean themselves with their rough tongues, but I don't know if the same thing happens with dogs.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.830
Raw Dex
$0.008
My country isn't really into this, i don't think it will be a good business here. Even only few people keep pets here. I don't even see grooming saloons for pets here.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
So long as it is situated in an area where wealthy people reside, a pet salon business would be profitable. Additionally, the target market should also be extremely fond of pets as to spend a lot of money on the companions.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think pet salons are doing well in my location. People here love to own pets. Most of them care about their pets a lot. They are willing to spend money on pet food and grooming.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is a highly Profesional service and business which can't just be done by anyone. The non availability of many people offering this service makes it a highly profitable business. It works in the west more than Africa because people value pets over there.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my country I know there is a salon business specifically for animal care, just like humans, pets also need care. High fees make the business look profitable, but not everyone with a pet takes them to a grooming salon. Some do it themselves to save money. So what do you think, is the pet salon business a profitable business?
It's the vet shop that does the same thing for all sorts of pets in my country. I take my dogs for grooming there. It's a very good business in my opinion.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.355
Nowadays, many people are becoming more aware of and becoming animal lovers, because I once had a genuine Angora cat, whose maintenance was expensive for my pocket size, starting from food, care, and health. So if you are going to open a pet salon business, it will certainly be profitable and promising, especially for the long term.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Nowadays, many people are becoming more aware of and becoming animal lovers, because I once had a genuine Angora cat, whose maintenance was expensive for my pocket size, starting from food, care, and health. So if you are going to open a pet salon business, it will certainly be profitable and promising, especially for the long term.
Yes, you are right, but I think this business is only suitable to be run in big cities, where the majority of the population has middle to upper economic levels. If the economy is middle to lower, they usually don't want to take their pets to the pet salon. šŸ˜

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.618
I might be wrong though but owning a pet salon here in my country is a recipe for disaster. Most people here find it hard to even feed their pets and clean them up well. There only a few set of people who do this.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.355
Yes, you are right, but I think this business is only suitable to be run in big cities, where the majority of the population has middle to upper economic levels. If the economy is middle to lower, they usually don't want to take their pets to the pet salon. šŸ˜
In my opinion, there is no need for a big city, currently pet salons are also widely spread in small towns such as in Bumiayu, Bogor, Tangerang etc. so if you are interested in setting up a pet salon, you don't need to hesitate, because there are many fans, especially cats.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my opinion, there is no need for a big city, currently pet salons are also widely spread in small towns such as in Bumiayu, Bogor, Tangerang etc. so if you are interested in setting up a pet salon, you don't need to hesitate, because there are many fans, especially cats.
For now I'm not interested, because I have a small business that I manage myself. I find it difficult to find employees who can be trusted, because I am often let down causing me to experience a crisis of trust. I don't cooperate except with my own siblings. I sell the goods there is a counter display, selling carts, etc. šŸ˜

Back