Is there in your country the habit to save money to make investments?

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
That's a cultural point. I come from a country where people is used to be very strong savers, even at the cost of living in extreme downshifting. Now I live in a country (better said, my specific area is so) where being spendthrift is routine. No mind if they are lower middle-class or (relatively) poor, but habits like to go to a shopping mall out of their city, hairdresser every week, very expensive parties (yes, it's very common to spend the double that cost my second degree in a single day for a birthday party), taking a loan to go abroad to see a football match regularly happen. So no surprise if the currency account or better, the savings and investment account of many people is always empty. They simply don't save. They think a Netflix subscription is of the utmost importance. Now, in my former country, people that only earn a minimum salary can't save because they earn too small and it's 20 years there isn't a salary increasing while inflation is skyrocketing. But since I have memory, a lot of people (especially of the old guard) always preferred to save instead of purchasing in the consumer discretionary, expensive brands, etc.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.055
That is also what my countrymen are doing saving some pennies for a future investment. In my case, I already started my investment, and thanks to my savings because I was able to capitalize on my investment through franchising.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
In my country, currently saving money in a bank doesn't earn interest, so more people make deposits, or invest in mutual funds or open a business. Personally I have a bank account just to make transactions easier.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.338
In my country it is pretty common. There are does who tend to work hard to earn then they save their earnings so they can use it for a particular investment.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.110
In my country, currently saving money in a bank doesn't earn interest, so more people make deposits, or invest in mutual funds or open a business. Personally I have a bank account just to make transactions easier.
In my former country it works more or less like yours. In my current country, bank accounts face a division: ordinary currency account that doesn't earn interests, rewarded currency account (usually, it's our fintechs offering this kind of option) and savings accounts. The 2 latter earn interests. And our bank apps include features to invest in depositary receipt (CD investments), funds, promissory notes, federal treasury and stocks. Federal treasury and promissory notes proved to be the best bank investments in my country. Unfortunately, lot of people that spend until the last penny can't access.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.410
Raw Dex
$0.005
We have same here where people are saving some monies for a future investment. You just look out for great investment, and invest your savings. To get the returns in future

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
In my former country it works more or less like yours. In my current country, bank accounts face a division: ordinary currency account that doesn't earn interests, rewarded currency account (usually, it's our fintechs offering this kind of option) and savings accounts. The 2 latter earn interests. And our bank apps include features to invest in depositary receipt (CD investments), funds, promissory notes, federal treasury and stocks. Federal treasury and promissory notes proved to be the best bank investments in my country. Unfortunately, lot of people that spend until the last penny can't access.
That's one of the reasons why I prefer to invest rather than keep money in the bank. Mutual funds and crypto do not require large capital because we can invest regularly. We can also buy perl shares in mutual funds.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.710
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my location, people tend to save money and buy their own home because rent is expensive. There are people who also invest in stocks, mutual funds and bonds. Some also love to invest in gold.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
This is the same as my country so you are left to choose anything you want to do. The only thing is that you will have peace of mind that your money is safe inside the bank.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.450
In my country Croatia is habit save money and buy real estate. We like poses house or apartment. Some see it as investment if they go in rent business and some just save money not paying rent.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.450
Since interest on saving in banks are two low, people start invest into investement programs like national bonds. We had offer for minimum of 2000 euros investment into Croatian national bonds and lock it for 3 years.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
In my country Croatia is habit save money and buy real estate. We like poses house or apartment. Some see it as investment if they go in rent business and some just save money not paying rent.
It is an investment to some people and it is just like saving to some other people but it depends on how they take it and whatever their plan is for the particular property that they have

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
This is the same as my country so you are left to choose anything you want to do. The only thing is that you will have peace of mind that your money is safe inside the bank.
You are right that our money is safe in the bank, but it will always be reduced because many fees will be deducted, such as ATM fees, Mbanking fees, etc., of course, the rates are different for each transaction. If you deposit $1k in the bank, the fee will be deducted automatically every month. a year later we check the balance, of course it will decrease a lot because I have proven this in the bank account that I have.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.490
There are many people who tend to make money and they are also saving money as well at the same time. They know how and where to invest money in the first place. They are clever businessmen.
I think it's important for them to know how to spend money so that they will always have an amount of money that they can save when they are done with all of their spending.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$2.400
In my home country, most people start investing through their savings. They save money for a long time and after they accumulate a substantial amount, they start investing. The first choice is always real estate.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right that our money is safe in the bank, but it will always be reduced because many fees will be deducted, such as ATM fees, Mbanking fees, etc., of course, the rates are different for each transaction. If you deposit $1k in the bank, the fee will be deducted automatically every month. a year later we check the balance, of course it will decrease a lot because I have proven this in the bank account that I have.

Well, this is one of the main reasons why I never store my money in banks. I always store and secure my money by using many different kinds of payment systems and payment processors like Perfect Money, Payeer, etc.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
A lot of people in my home country do save up money for a long time to invest in a business that would bring in good profits to them and make them become a bit more financially stable.

Back