Is your job what you thought you would have?

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$1.240
Raw Dex
$0.040
Is your career the career you thought you'd have when you were in high school? For me? No, not exactly. Wish I had a full time job, in an environment that wasn't so focused on numbers.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
If someone have told me i would be doing this back in high school, i would say no. But that's life for you, it takes you to places you where never sure of.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.135
When I was studying in high school, I would like to be a singer and song writer. But now, I am working in a totally different field though singing is still my favorite hobby.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Is your career the career you thought you'd have when you were in high school? For me? No, not exactly. Wish I had a full time job, in an environment that wasn't so focused on numbers.
There is no way my current job is something that I had hoped to be what I am doing because if I am being honest with you, my dream job was for me to become a naval officer.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well I'm a student for now and in my country we are not provided working opportunities while schooling but I'm also into this forum so I guess it's my job for now

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I actually knew that I would be in the agro and livestock sector right from high school. I had picked up interest in animals from a young age. And I went straight to the university to study it.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
The truth is that we all had big dreams growing up. I personally wished to be a medical doctor and a surgeon but life happened and I found another love in music.
A surgeon's path differs with the music, which allows the two to walk in harmony. Why don't you combine the two, many doctors can become musicians or celebrities, so you can get your two dreams together.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$7.353
When I was studying in high school, I would like to be a singer and song writer. But now, I am working in a totally different field though singing is still my favorite hobby.
Thats nice, i can relate with that, what i am currently doing is totally different form what i studied. Back then this was more like a hobby for me but who would have thought it would be what i would fall back to. You can still invest in your songs though.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Thats nice, i can relate with that, what i am currently doing is totally different form what i studied. Back then this was more like a hobby for me but who would have thought it would be what i would fall back to. You can still invest in your songs though.
The dots don't usually connect looking forward but they surely connect when you look backwards. That is how I picked up so much interest in gaming growing up not knowing it would be my life business. Whereas I was always thinking I would be an engineer or an architect.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.520
Raw Dex
$0.190
I decided to become a freelancer when I was still in college. I was already making money as a freelancer when I was still in college

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.230
I did not expect that I am going to work as a virtual teacher for more than a decade now. It just happened that I like the nature of the job as compared to my profession in the medical field.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$3.970
Not is not. I didn't want to go in school and I never had dream working in school. But I work over 8 years now. Even it is not dream job it is correlate with IT sector and conditions are good so I stayed.

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.293
Raw Dex
$0.030
When I was a child I wanted to work in a good environment and getting high salary but the reality is different. I am in a cooperate world where everyone is selfish and play politics to make bosses think that they are superior than others.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$3.230
Not is not. I didn't want to go in school and I never had dream working in school. But I work over 8 years now. Even it is not dream job it is correlate with IT sector and conditions are good so I stayed.
I have the same feeling. I never thought that I am going to work in line to education. Now, it has been more than a decade that I am teaching online as a virtual teacher.

Back