Keeping Money In Bank Vs Keeping Money In PayPal: What Would You Prefer?

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$3.020
Raw Dex
$0.510
That's one of the main disadvantages of keeping money in PayPal, it does not offer interest on the funds held in your account. Also in some cases, the account may be frozen without any prior notice,

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.510
Also in some cases, the account may be frozen without any prior notice,
Yes, I remember a colleague in an African country whose account was frozen and since that mishap she must rely to cryptocurrencies earnings instead of dollars. I can't imagine the losses when keeping money in a processor instead of banks, especially in the case of a considerable amount.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.160
Raw Dex
$0.183
In India, Paypal users cannot keep their money in their Paypal account. It is usually withdrawn to their bank account within 24 hours automatically, though in a few cases, the withdrawal may get delayed.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$6.603
In India, Paypal users cannot keep their money in their Paypal account. It is usually withdrawn to their bank account within 24 hours automatically, though in a few cases, the withdrawal may get delayed.
Yes I have heard about this form another India person before. When I saw it back then I was Abit surprised about this. Why is it like for Indians though? Is it some sort of policy?

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.160
Raw Dex
$0.183
Yes I have heard about this form another India person before. When I saw it back then I was Abit surprised about this. Why is it like for Indians though? Is it some sort of policy?
It was a government policy of asking paypal to directly transfer the balance of account holders to their bank account so that taxes would be paid correctly. Yet it was poorly implemented and a lot of frauds faking bank account ownership got government jobs.

Nite

Somewhat Known
Nov 13, 2023
Dex
$3.020
Raw Dex
$0.510
Yes, I remember a colleague in an African country whose account was frozen and since that mishap she must rely to cryptocurrencies earnings instead of dollars. I can't imagine the losses when keeping money in a processor instead of banks, especially in the case of a considerable amount.

It's really concerning that Paypal accounts can be frozen without any prior notice. This can create significant inconvenience and potential financial losses for people, especially if they have a considerable amount of money stored in their account.

Pousinha

Unfamiliar
Jan 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.510
So Indian Paypal works exactly as Mercosur Paypal. 24 hours is the same timing we wait to automatically receive our Paypal payments to our favorite bank account (being the delays only exceptions). Maybe India and Mercosur countries share the same financial policies concerning processors like Paypal.

Back