Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Try to avoid blinking when chatting to someone in Hong Kong. During a conversation, noticeable blinking is interpreted as a sign of disinterest and disrespect. We should remember to lower our heads when addressing them if we are in Japan. The right hand should always be used while shaking hands with men when we are seeing a Muslim client and we should never try to shake hands with Muslim ladies.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Yes knowing the culture of who you are doing business with would definitely help you fall on their good side and as well give you some level of advantage while negotiating.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Wow, thanks for this tip, o actually didn't know about this at all, but then even when we don't understand their culture I think they should know the fact that we are strangers and should be treated as such, we can't know all..

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Try to avoid blinking when chatting to someone in Hong Kong. During a conversation, noticeable blinking is interpreted as a sign of disinterest and disrespect. We should remember to lower our heads when addressing them if we are in Japan. The right hand should always be used while shaking hands with men when we are seeing a Muslim client and we should never try to shake hands with Muslim ladies.

That's right, every person and country has its own rules. So it is very important for us to study the culture of our interlocutor before negotiating.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
That's right, every person and country has its own rules. So it is very important for us to study the culture of our interlocutor before negotiating.
I still remember when still working in a Muslim country before. I need to bear in mind that shaking hands with men should be using the right hand. Of course, we should not try to shake hands with women, too. It is a big NO.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I still remember when still working in a Muslim country before. I need to bear in mind that shaking hands with men should be using the right hand. Of course, we should not try to shake hands with women, too. It is a big NO.

Yes you are right, a man may shake hands with a Muslim man using his right hand, but it is not permissible for a man to shake the hand of a Muslim woman. But not everyone knows about this, as usual in religious affairs there are always differences of opinion, so we just need to respect every rule and opinion followed and believed by our interlocutors. Including eating and drinking with the left hand in Muslims is also not allowed.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Yes you are right, a man may shake hands with a Muslim man using his right hand, but it is not permissible for a man to shake the hand of a Muslim woman. But not everyone knows about this, as usual in religious affairs there are always differences of opinion, so we just need to respect every rule and opinion followed and believed by our interlocutors. Including eating and drinking with the left hand in Muslims is also not allowed.
I agree with you. If a non-Muslim businessman wants to engage business with them, he or she needs to know this. Besides the point, he or she also needs to know what meals and drinks to be served when dining out with them, too.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I agree with you. If a non-Muslim businessman wants to engage business with them, he or she needs to know this. Besides the point, he or she also needs to know what meals and drinks to be served when dining out with them, too.

Yes, that's right, I agree with you. There are many aspects that need to be well studied, including cultural differences of the interlocutor, so as not to cause conflict that could tarnish the good name of the company.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.248
Yes, that's right, I agree with you. There are many aspects that need to be well studied, including cultural differences of the interlocutor, so as not to cause conflict that could tarnish the good name of the company.
It is a must for us to consider this. When I had my volunteer stunt abroad, the organization that I am working with taught me the cultural differences in dealing with Muslim people.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a must for us to consider this. When I had my volunteer stunt abroad, the organization that I am working with taught me the cultural differences in dealing with Muslim people.
Yes, that is something very good, the company always ensures that its employees will do their job well, namely by providing some information as provision before carrying out the assigned task.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
This is why doing international business is not easy as a lot is involved. Knowing the culture of who you are doing business with would definitely help you to achieve success better

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Knowing your business partners culture before involving yourself or negotiating a business is very important especially when it's in a foreign setting
This helps in various ways like unhealthy grudges or end of contract

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
In running a global business we must be able to adapt, if we are in China, act like the Chinese, so learning other people's culture is very important for smooth business.

Back