Mental illness

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.005
For someone with mental illness, it's better for him/her to go to see a doctor. Drugs paired with counselling helps. There are other alternatives such as music therapy may also help.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.805
Yes, the increased use of technology can lead to mental illness, including the use of social media platforms. It is essential to exercise self-discipline when using technological advancements and seek professional help when needed.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.370
Raw Dex
$4.670
For someone with mental illness, it's better for him/her to go to see a doctor. Drugs paired with counselling helps. There are other alternatives such as music therapy may also help.
Totally agree and its not easy or even impossible to treat them at home and these should be taken to a doctor or psychiatrist that can help them

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.980
My father was able to cure his depression through alternative treatment. Before he started alternative treatment, he was already under medication for 10 years

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.305
I don't even know the cause of mental illness. They ascribe it to spiritual attacks in my place.
It's sad. Isn't it? Mental illness has to fight with so many stigma. And that's why people don't come forward to talk about it in open. Many just keep sharing. And they have guilt and shame of suffering from mental illness.
There is a need of widespread awareness.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.305
I think that depression is a precursor to mental illness. A psychological approach could be the real solution to manage mental illness properly.
Depression is not a precursor, it's a mental illness in itself. Many mental health issues like anxiety, bipolar disorders, schizophrenia etc might/might not have symptoms of depression. One needs to be aware of the fact that something is not okay with the mental and emotional health of the person. It should not be undermined or the person should not be made to feel guilty about it. It's unfortunate that we don't understand it well. Sometimes people with real anxiety and panic attacks get the tag of being over dramatic and attention seeking. One has to understand the issue in depth.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.608
It is common to feel depressed at times ussually they can get help but do not want to the biggest step is to admit you need help in certain situations you can even help yourself

Back