Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$5.143
I also noticed this one, too. That is why I am not commenting back because it merges with old comments made before. It does not count any cents for doing so. I thought it was a gltich, but it was not.

bestwriter

Notable
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
I also noticed this one, too. That is why I am not commenting back because it merges with old comments made before. It does not count any cents for doing so. I thought it was a gltich, but it was not.
If the posts are not counted among the 25 per day then I do not mind interacting. Otherwise it is not fair for the users. Not only not fair it does not encourage interactions. I would love to interact provided my comments are not counted among the 25 per day limit when they get merged.

Last edited:

Joshua Farrell

The Funny Looking Blank Avatar Guy
Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
Merged content never counts towards what you earn, because it is merged. This is why it is important to wait till someone else replies, to make a new reply. Essentially you have to wait for someone else if you want to have a second post get credited.

bestwriter

Notable
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
Merged content never counts towards what you earn, because it is merged. This is why it is important to wait till someone else replies, to make a new reply. Essentially you have to wait for someone else if you want to have a second post get credited.
It has happened in this thread. Can you explain? Thank you
I do not mind merging posts but they should not be counted among the 25 limit. As that will discourage us from interacting

Joshua Farrell

Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
It has happened in this thread. Can you explain? Thank you
I do not mind merging posts but they should not be counted among the 25 limit. As that will discourage us from interacting
Are you absolutely sure it is getting counted towards your limit? As best way to see if something is credited towards the limit, is by checking the event logs page: https://indexforum.com/credits/

Last time I checked, merged posts do not count, simply because it is merged, and thus NOT counted as a crediting event.

bestwriter

Notable
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
Thank you. I checked and I do not seem to earn for what I commented on your post on ChatGPT I can understand merging of my posts in response to Nomad but why my response to yours has also been merged earnings redex.jpg

bestwriter

Notable
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2022
Dex
$7.000
Raw Dex
$0.060
I am talkin about ChatGPT I have responded to you and Nomad but only one got paid. I am just learning about how we get paid. Just wanting to understand and not complaining

Joshua Farrell

Pro Member
Nov 9, 2022
Dex
$-49.900
Raw Dex
$0.140
You have two replies in that thread, correct? If you want to get technical, you have three replies. You got credited only for the two, because your third reply merged automatically with your last post, because built into the software, is a function turned on that merges two or more replies made by the same person, into one post.

Why does it do this?

It is a measure to prevent people from spamming the forum, as no one likes having to see pages of one person replying constantly to one thread, without anyone actually responding. Once it merges 2 or more replies made in a row, without someone else replying in between each reply, it counts the merged posts as if you simply edited the original reply, as if you wanted to edit your reply.

Simply speaking, it doesn't credit, because it merges the two posts together, notifying the system that two or more replies have been merged into one, triggering the "edit function".

Back