Must a husband sit next to each other when traveling on public transportation?

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.594
Raw Dex
$1.530
I wanted to travel to another city within my state. Booked for a public bus and picked a space to sit down next to a man. But the man said I can't sit there because he came with his wife. There were other seats in the bus but everyone prevailed on me to leave the seat for the woman to sit close to her husband.

Must couples always sit together, even in public transport?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$10.000
Raw Dex
$0.200
I wanted to travel to another city within my state. Booked for a public bus and picked a space to sit down next to a man. But the man said I can't sit there because he came with his wife. There were other seats in the bus but everyone prevailed on me to leave the seat for the woman to sit close to her husband.

Must couples always sit together, even in public transport?
You were having your bad shot that time. Well, of course the husband and wife sit together and that's normal for security and comfort of the wifey.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.680
Raw Dex
$0.008
It's nice for the couple to seat next to each other. However, since that is public transportation, you cannot control the allocation of seats. I don't see any problem even if the couple cannot seat next to each other.

You

Notable
May 12, 2023
Dex
$3.960
Raw Dex
$0.003
I don't think it's an absolute requirement for couples to sit together on public transport. While many prefer the closeness, there's nothing wrong with sitting separately if needed due to crowding or wanting personal space.

Back