Must your family members always patronize you?

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Some business people are of the opinion that their family members must patronize them. They get angry at their family members for daring to patronize another person who is in the same industry.

Is it a must for the relatives of a business person to always patronize the business man?
It is not necessary for your family members to patronize you and I don't even like it if my family members are patronizing me because of all these African mentality

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some business people are of the opinion that their family members must patronize them. They get angry at their family members for daring to patronize another person who is in the same industry.

Is it a must for the relatives of a business person to always patronize the business man?
I don't think that is a must for your family to patronize your business as long as it is not what they want to buy, you cannot force them to do it.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think it is a sort of morale boosters for your loved ones to recognize the value you offer and patronize you. It can kill your morale if they buy the same thing you are selling elsewhere.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
It is not as it it is a mandatory thing but if the need arises why not you should be prepared to patronised the business of your relatives to help them boost it financially

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
If he/she has good products then his/her family members can buy from him/her but if he/she doesn't have good products then it is not necessary.
This is actually the reality because you will have to offer what someone needs before they will purchase to your business product and services otherwise they will not and you cannot force them.

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.200
Raw Dex
$0.630
A lot of big businesses are actually family businesses. I do not see any wrongs when businesses are supported by the owner's family. This has happened in my life multiple times.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It gives you a different level of mental boost when your family members patronizes you. After all, they are helping you to grow. It is not a must but I would desire that my family members patronize my business.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
A lot of big businesses are actually family businesses. I do not see any wrongs when businesses are supported by the owner's family. This has happened in my life multiple times.
It is even better when your family members support you and buy your products. They will serve as a motivation to you and they will even be your first customers

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
Family members patronizes one shows a huge support and a good level of acceptance and they are helping one to not only build the business but grow it to a better level

Gicel

Somewhat Known
Jun 21, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For me it is a must that our family members always patronise our business.We need there full support. If they don't buy on us or comment on our business post we will be disappointed. Everything we do is for them.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Family members patronizes one shows a huge support and a good level of acceptance and they are helping one to not only build the business but grow it to a better level
It is not a must for your family members to support you or patronize you but it will be very good if they patronize you because they will serve as a motivation and it even makes the family bond stronger

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.003
But if family members don't support you or patronize their own you will. it is always good for members of a family to buy and pay money. it will help a business

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
But if family members don't support you or patronize their own you will. it is always good for members of a family to buy and pay money. it will help a business
That is right. My older sister started a perfume business a few days ago and everyone in the house patronized her. That's how it should be so that she will know we showed our support

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.206
It's not a must but it is a way family members should encourage anyone in business
Yes there is no law that says they should, but like you said its more of a way they use in showing support for your business and at the same time encourage you not to give up but to keep pushing.
Post automatically merged:

I never wish that my family members will patronize me. Family members will always demand for credit which will be difficult for me to refuse.
Lol i totally get your point though, then again it also depends ln the kind of family you are from, there are some that they might not even ask you for credits, but it's very understandable, most families expect to be treated very differently.

Last edited:

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is not a must for your family members to patronize your business but it is very good and encouraging to know that your family supports your business and motivates you the more.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is such a morale booster to get support for your business from family members. I am always so proud when my relatives come to my business premises and buys from me. That sends a strong message to my other customers that my products or services are good enough.

junrose123

Unfamiliar
Aug 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I think in reality this is not really happening most of the time because some people tend to overthrow their relatives regarding business related matters since most fo them lack confidence and trust that their relative's business will prosper.

Back