Namecheap.com ?

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.862
When it comes to hosting and domains, there are a lot of companies that you can choose from. With this being said, I won't mention all the different companies because if you're reading in this forum section, you're probably already familiar with hosting/domain registration companies. This thread is specifically in regard to Namecheap.com .

I have used various companies for my hosting and domain needs, however, I have always found myself choosing Namecheap over any other company. Namecheap has always been reliable for my hosting and domain needs, they are inexpensive, and they offer 24x7 live support. With this being said, I'm curious, do you or have you guys ever used Namecheap? If so, do you like it? Why or why not?

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.006
I have once before used Namecheap for domain name purposes but I have never used them for hosting purposes. I have heard good things about Namecheap regarding their hosting though and much of the feedback I hear about them is always good much like in this thread. Namecheap is definitely a company I would look at moving to if I ever needed to if anything ever happened to the hosting company I use now which is HawkHost.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.507
I use namecheap. The only complain I have with namecheap is they do not provide support for Let's Encrypt. Therefore, you will have to either buy SSL or do it yourself. I have been suing namecheap since 2015.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.315
I have account there and host two domains. Probably soon and third. I like support there since it is fast and good. They accept paypal to. When you buy domain, renevew is not to expensive which is important fact when you have several domains.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.268
I have used Namecheap for many years to buy domain names and manage them and have used their hosting in the past. Currently my sites are all hosted on my reseller account with another company, where I also have one commercial client that I support a website for that pays me enough to cover the cost of my reseller account, so my sites all ride for free.

Devin

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.862
I have used Namecheap for many years to buy domain names and manage them and have used their hosting in the past. Currently my sites are all hosted on my reseller account with another company, where I also have one commercial client that I support a website for that pays me enough to cover the cost of my reseller account, so my sites all ride for free.
Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing! It must be an extremely pleasant feeling knowing that your client is covering the cost of your reseller account and all your websites are technically being hosted for free. Keep up the amazing work with that, and maybe eventually you can share your ways with me lol.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
RIF Cash
$1.268
Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of what you're doing! It must be an extremely pleasant feeling knowing that your client is covering the cost of your reseller account and all your websites are technically being hosted for free. Keep up the amazing work with that, and maybe eventually you can share your ways with me lol.
I am more than happy to share all my ways, if you think it will help you. My success was actually not of my doing, I just got lucky enough to make the right connections at the right times.

Jordan

Owner
Admin
Nov 25, 2022
RIF Cash
$2.290
I have been using NameCheap for over a decade. It's probably my main domain provider. I also use Dynadot, Namesilo, GoDaddy (I usually transfer them away from GoDaddy), and sav.
I haven't used the namecheap hosting though until I purchased this website from Devin, and it was hosted at Namecheap.

I use namecheap. The only complain I have with namecheap is they do not provide support for Let's Encrypt. Therefore, you will have to either buy SSL or do it yourself. I have been suing namecheap since 2015.
I actually found this strange as well.
I own my own hosting company, and Let's Encrypt has become such a huge demand, it's pretty wild that they don't offer it. However, at the same time, Namecheap also has a large SSL selling business as well. So it's fairly easy to understand that they want you to buy their SSLs.

I use to give out unlimited free Positive SSLs with my company. Now with Let's Encrypt, I provide that instead as it's 100% free.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.507
I own my own hosting company,
I am happy with Namecheap but buying SSL can cost me a lot of money. I am not a technical person, therefore, I don't know how to use let's encrypt with Namecheap hosting. This is the reason why I want to try another web host. What is your company's name?

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.006
I have only ever used NameCheap for domain names and not for hosting. At the moment I am using HawkHost for hosting but I did buy my newest domain name from Namecheap and I was very happy with the service when purchasing the domain name and have no faults at all with them.

Rubz

Somewhat Known
Sep 12, 2022
RIF Cash
$0.135
I've never made use of Namecheap since i do not have any hosting and domain need yets. I've heard a lot of good reviews about it though and i'm looking forward to using it in the future.

Back