Poultry Farming is the most lucrative business opportunity in the agricultural sector

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
Poultry farming is considered the most lucrative business opportunity in the agricultural sector. And why? many consume chicken more than other meat like pork and beef. Poultry farming also provides good employment opportunities along with agricultural activities. The eggs and other allied products of chickens like feathers, gunny bags, poultry litter, and others are also saleable. They are useful like poultry litter, it's a good source of fertilizer for agricultural production. Chicken meat and eggs are good sources for the body's needs.

What makes this business advantageous? We can start with small business capital. Chickens are small in size, so there is a quick return on investment. It needs a low-cost startup. Poultry raising can be the gateway animal once raise larger stock like sheep, goats, hogs, or cattle. You are also required to situate this business far from the residential places, with a good source of water and electricity. It requires special care. What do you think?

Last edited:

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
Also here, many sell chicken and eggs. They have big suppliers and those retail sellers as far as my cousin is concerned, gained much in selling eggs alone and others sell chicken meat only mostly in malls. This is indeed a very[ profitable business.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.988
I am not sure about this business. All I know is that the owner should be aware of diseases that might affect the chickens. If they are all pestered, it will be a big loss.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poultry is a very big business if managed well. Whether you're growing birds for meat or eggs, the demand is very high especially during the festive season. It's very risky though because of high death rate of birds.

Afeefah

Complete Stranger
Dec 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poultry farming is really hard even if it is profitable.
They need care and are easily susceptible to diseases and cold. Also their feed is expensive.
If you want to be successful with poultry farming you need to learn from experts in the business so you don't loss to much

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poultry farming is really hard even if it is profitable.
They need care and are easily susceptible to diseases and cold. Also their feed is expensive.
If you want to be successful with poultry farming you need to learn from experts in the business so you don't loss to much
Yes it's a difficult business considering the rising inflation. Feeds are very costly one so farmers needs to supplement with organic feeds. The price of birds and eggs has increased too so it's balanced.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.213
Poultry farming is indeed very Lucrative. Back then a lot of persons used to look down on agriculture in general but with time people have started seeing the importance of agriculture in the society today.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poultry farming is a business in high demand. Eggs and white meat are sought after proteins. However the business can be risky because of unforeseen circumstances like flus, death of birds etc.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.008
Poultry farming is however a very lucrative business all over the world. This is because alot of people in the world like eating chicken so much. It has a ready market largely available.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
As long as humans exist, there is no prejudice, and this kind of business is logical and profitable. People cannot survive without eating meat like chicken and the produce of chicken, the eggs. Almost all eat chicken and egg. They are good for the body and good for the pockets of businessmen.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.400
Raw Dex
$0.318
I agree with you that Poultry farming is the most lucrative business opportunity in the agricultural sector. Poultry farming brings both food and good employment opportunities so it is good money for us

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Poultry farming is lucrative though but before you would set it up now in Nigeria, it is not an easy thing. A bag of feed is now between NGN9,000 and NGN10,000. You need money to make money from it.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
@cherry123, that is true poultry farming is a good business. Those who manned this are usually men with big capital and manpower. The location is also very important to consider.

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
To run a poultry business is an expensive one. Here in the Philippines, there's a rule that you will just have it, if you are away from the community. To build a poultry is very expensive and with it's daily food and vitamins maintenance, as well as the other expenses in running it, I think profitability can't be obtained immediately. I think it will just be profitable after some few years of running it, after you already finished testing the waters on that kind of business and it all depends how you manage and will market it.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$1.000
To run a poultry business is an expensive one. Here in the Philippines, there's a rule that you will just have it, if you are away from the community. To build a poultry is very expensive and with it's daily food and vitamins maintenance, as well as the other expenses in running it, I think profitability can't be obtained immediately. I think it will just be profitable after some few years of running it, after you already finished testing the waters on that kind of business and it all depends how you manage and will market it.
That is right, there is none near residences poultry farming located. It is aginst the sanitation protocols. They are usually located in a very far place where no humans can suffer thee toxic odor. It is indeed a very profitable business.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You truly captured the essence about poultry farming. It is a big business that requires huge capital for it to be profitable. Think of layers where you would have to feed and nurture for close to 6 months before you start getting any revenue from them..

Back