Sacking People is Not an Option

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Sacking people is not good for sure. When adversity strikes, you need to find ways to overcome it rather than letting go of the good employees you have. You could even ask them to take a short break while you figure things out. Or reduce their earnings a little until you are earning enough to pay them well again.
You are right but there are times when you may need to sack some people especially when they are not meeting up to your expectation. You just have to let them go if you want your business to grow.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
During the pandemic, it was very difficult financially for some firms. Those that truly cared about the welfare of the Staff called the staff and offered them reduced pay. A sack should be the last resort.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
Yeah, I believe businesses should have some periodic training for their workers. This way they can be able to build them to a reasonable extent instead of firing them
I am not sure to other companies. In my country, big companies usually conduct performance evaluation annually. It depends when they will conduct it. The outcome of this can determine which appropriate trainings for their employees.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right but there are times when you may need to sack some people especially when they are not meeting up to your expectation. You just have to let them go if you want your business to grow.
My former boss has never sacked anyone. Any staff that is no longer with us was not sacked. He or she left voluntarily. He so much believes that anyone can improve and develop..

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
In my previous company, they were so fond of sacking people, especially during the pandemic. As for them, they need to lay off people to decrease the financial crisis of the company. For me, it is not the first option to execute. They simply do not know how to take good care of their employees. Now, they are having problems finding virtual teachers.
A lot of people lost their job as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus a lot of people had to retrench their workers because they cannot continue paying them when the not really needed to work again for the company.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The organization I worked for at the time didn't sack people during this period. They just stopped paying salaries throughout the lockdown but all the staff were absorbed back after the pandemic.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
My former boss has never sacked anyone. Any staff that is no longer with us was not sacked. He or she left voluntarily. He so much believes that anyone can improve and develop..
I think sacking staff depends on the person himself and there are times when the person is not meeting up to the needs of the company so they need to sack him. That's my point

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.348
A lot of people lost their job as a result of the pandemic of coronavirus a lot of people had to retrench their workers because they cannot continue paying them when the not really needed to work again for the company.
It is the sad thing that had happened during the pandemic. The aftermath is still being experienced by some people around the world. I hope that everything would be fine soon and able to cope up.
Post automatically merged:

I think it is fine. As long as the termination is done in a legal and appropriate way. If they do with the proper due process, then there is no need to worry about it.

Last edited:

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
It is the sad thing that had happened during the pandemic. The aftermath is still being experienced by some people around the world. I hope that everything would be fine soon and able to cope up.

I think it is fine. As long as the termination is done in a legal and appropriate way. If they do with the proper due process, then there is no need to worry about it.
There are some people who were unable to get the job after the pandemic because they were sacked from their former jobs and they have not been able to get a very good one

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
There are some people who were unable to get the job after the pandemic because they were sacked from their former jobs and they have not been able to get a very good one
There is a friend of mine who was currently unemployed as a result of losing his job during the pandemic of coronavirus but he was able to start up a business of his own which he is managing now.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
There is a friend of mine who was currently unemployed as a result of losing his job during the pandemic of coronavirus but he was able to start up a business of his own which he is managing now.
I am glad that he was able to start up a business basically because she already saved some money and that is why it is good to have some savings because a time will come when we will need it

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
As a businessperson being decisive is important. Anyone who is not doing your job properly needs to be fired. If you don't fire some people your business may not grow.

I am not sure to other companies. In my country, big companies usually conduct performance evaluation annually. It depends when they will conduct it. The outcome of this can determine which appropriate trainings for their employees.
I think that is the right thing to do. It is also done in this part of the world by some companies and some government agencies. It usually helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses of workers.

Last edited:

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my previous company, they were so fond of sacking people, especially during the pandemic. As for them, they need to lay off people to decrease the financial crisis of the company. For me, it is not the first option to execute. They simply do not know how to take good care of their employees. Now, they are having problems finding virtual teachers.

I can understand this problem for sure. However, the fact of the matter remains that they may not have a secondary option. The company may go bankrupt if they do not lay off employees. But I think that the government should offer an alternative solution.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I have been in a position where I had to make that decision to sack someone. I did the sack at that point of anger and reinstated her the following day after considering and thinking it true. Apart from bankruptcy, gross misconduct is the only reason someone should be fired.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have been in a position where I had to make that decision to sack someone. I did the sack at that point of anger and reinstated her the following day after considering and thinking it true. Apart from bankruptcy, gross misconduct is the only reason someone should be fired.
Before such decisions could be made, it is better to be in our right senses and the right frame of mind.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Employers don't just randomly like sacking people from there jobs we all know that these people are humans and have families to feed but I believe that one has to be professional and do so when needed

Back