Selling of DVD

puroypoi

Somewhat Known
Nov 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think, DVD is a thing of the past now, it is already an obsolete thing. As long as you have internet at home, you can now watch a new or old movies.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Netflix or Disnet+ was not that expensive though @Chibson as long as we can find a good prices like discount from several brand, i only pay $5 for a year subscription and netflix is only $2 a month, but its depends on someone preference
Yeah, I think what works for one person may actually not work for another person. $5 per year subscription is actually very cheap in my own opinion and I think you have got a good deal there.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I don't think selling DVDs is a profitable business now. People listen to music on the net. Actually, a large shop selling DVD music and movies for decades just closed in my location.
I believe that in some developing countries, it is still a very lucrative business because they are very well dependent on making use of DVDs.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
I personally wouldn't take a risk at starting a DVD business mainly because the need for DVDs has declined and many people would much rather now just subscribe to a service and watch movies that way. As much as I know that there are people who do still buy DVDs as they do like to collect them, I don't think that would be enough for me to justify opening a DVD business as being a good idea.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
I still love DVD. It's only that nowadays it's very hard to find my favourite movies and that for my wife in DVDs but I still like them so much. However there are other people like me too.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe that in some developing countries, it is still a very lucrative business because they are very well dependent on making use of DVDs.
Many movie makers are no longer making use of DVDs because of a lot of alternatives like YouTube and Netflix. But not withstanding it can be profitable but not as it used to be before.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
The only DVDs that you can sell now is the empty DVDs. I know students still use it to copy their assignments and submit to their lecturers. Beyond that, DVDs for movies won't sell.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The only DVDs that you can sell now is the empty DVDs. I know students still use it to copy their assignments and submit to their lecturers. Beyond that, DVDs for movies won't sell.
What do you mean by empty DVD?. I am a student but I have not used that to do assignment before but I am inquisitive to know how it really works.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
DVD business have declined though some people are still buying DVD plates. One of my friends is still selling DVDS and he is making good sales. Not everybody have access to internet and Netflix. Some people in rural area in some part of Nigeria are still backward in terms of technological advancements.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
DVD business have declined though some people are still buying DVD plates. One of my friends is still selling DVDS and he is making good sales. Not everybody have access to internet and Netflix. Some people in rural area in some part of Nigeria are still backward in terms of technological advancements.
I think such venture will only be profitable in rural areas due to the fact that some of the dwellers may not have access to the latest technology and development. But not withstanding it will still phase out.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
define rural area? @Chibson because i never saw DVD seller in small city too in my province, or maybe i dont know the location but for sure in my city i never saw DVD seller anymore
When I'm talking about rural areas I am talking about places different from cities and towns. They are usually not developed and most of the dwellers do not have access to the latest technology.

Back