Selling on Social Media Vs. Selling on eCommerce Sites

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
On social media sites like Facebook and Instagram you can create your own shop and sell directly through these sites without having to create your own store. selling from social site is easy because social sites have a lot of users who are also buyers. eCommerce sites like Etsy and ebay allow anyone to sell easily, These platforms have a lot of registered buyers. However, because of competition it can be very difficult to generate sales.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.640
It is simple to sell your products or services on social media platforms. On Facebook, you can use the Facebook Marketplace. You can also easily set up a business account. In terms of e-commerce, you can build your online store with Shopify or WooCommerce.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
E-commerce offers opportunities to have range of products offered for sale displayed in one single platform, but it is not as popular as social media. Most people would rather search for products they intend to buy on social media than e-commerce.

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I prefer social media because it have a lot of users who are potential buyers. A lot of marketers don't know how to make use of most social media handles. Ecommerce is highly competitive and only advanced marketers can be able to make sales.

Enxx

Notable
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Selling on e-commerce website is better because there is better chance of sales than social media that you will need to have followers for your product to reach many audience.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.328
My online shop is embedded on one of the e-commerce sites in my country. I usually use Facebook to post the items' links to promote them, which it is an effective marketing strategy.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.618
These e-commerce sites where mainly created for the purpose of buying and selling, hence it would be a lot easier for you to make use of these sites cause the traffic coming in are simply does who want to buy or sell. While on the other hand selling on social media is good but they can easily be distracted.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Personally, I believe that what matters most is where works well for you. There are some people who are more better in selling online on social media platforms then they ever will be on an eCommerce site.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
Selling on e-commerce website is better because there is better chance of sales than social media that you will need to have followers for your product to reach many audience.
Do you realize, you can run ads on social media and reach your customer base easily? Social sites have more active users compared to ecommerce platforms. If you do not believe me just compare traffic of facebook and Amazon

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.618
The both of them are good ways of making money and making sales but I think it is better to make use of E commerce websites.
E-commerce website might be better but I think it would be a lot easier to make use of social media, this is because there are already lots of traffic there one can take advantage of.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$1.210
E-commerce website might be better but I think it would be a lot easier to make use of social media, this is because there are already lots of traffic there one can take advantage of.
Do you realize, ecommerce sites take a huge percentage of your earnings? For instance, if you sell on Etsy, they not only take sales commission but also charges for payment processing.

Back