Selling the same product with different brand name.

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my area there are some companies those who sell the same products with different brand name tag, and they are trying to full the societies and most of the times they change the packaging, the color and the name of the products and they provide it to the market and they try to increase their profit from it, for example bottled water companies, flavored drink companies, and also chips and snack producing companies use this technique.
Do you think this technique is good for getting profit?

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.080
In my view it is a kind of cheating, and it won't last long. Sooner or later people knows the exact condition and then they think to better leave that shop and further more they inform others too.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.518
This is wrong, yes it might lead to quick profits but it still does not change the fact that it is wrong, and the original owners have every right to sue them at anytime if they should ever find out.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't see any problem with this. We all learn from what others have already done, it is so rare to come up with unique things. Most people just do what others have done. Also in business, everyone has their own business name and brand, so you can as well try other people's recipe and use it in your business, there is no law that prohibits that.

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.006
Raw Dex
$0.150
That's why I love my country. Any business that engages in this kind of antics would be boycotted and abandoned by the locals. Even if you want to do it, add a small upgrade and difference between the products.

Pandora92

Complete Stranger
Oct 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000

Rebranding a product involves more than just a name change; it's about crafting a new identity. Imagine a classic cola being marketed as a trendy, artisanal soda in one instance and a nostalgic, timeless beverage in another. Each brand carries a unique story, tapping into diverse consumer emotions. This strategic shift allows companies to reach broader audiences, tailoring their messaging to different demographics or markets.

Consider tech gadgets: one brand may emphasize sleek, modern design for urban professionals, while another highlights robust functionality for tech enthusiasts. The underlying product remains unchanged, but the perceived value varies. This approach enables companies to penetrate various market segments, maximizing their product's market potential.
Ultimately, successful rebranding hinges on effective storytelling, aligning the product with the aspirations and preferences of different consumer groups. It's not just about selling a product; it's about selling an experience, a lifestyle, or a solution tailored to distinct customer needs.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
That is cheating in a broad daylight. They are cheating the licensed company that manufactured the products. they have no right to change the name because it is against the law.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.518
In my view it is a kind of cheating, and it won't last long. Sooner or later people knows the exact condition and then they think to better leave that shop and further more they inform others too.
That's right, people would definitely notice and then again it could lead to legal issues. If the original owner decides to pick up the case legally, it would bring serious problems to the offenders.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What I can only see to that is that maybe they are not sure or they don't guarantee their initial product because if you sell good product you will be able to use the name continuously

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
True its kind of cheating, some business owners and company owners do those things in order to full the customers and sell similar thing with different brand names and looks, which is typical cheating.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
That's cheating on a broad daylight. How could someone do that act? It's against the law and if caught you will lose everything even your freedom. The original brand owner may sue the person.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.440
Deception is what sellers do in the market. That is why we need to be more vigilant in buying these products. I am quite meticulous when it comes to buying things, either online or offline.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.170
Raw Dex
$2.930
Do you see any difference between coke and pepsi, well two different companies are selling the same thing with different names. A lot of business use this technique.

Back