Selling Through Social Media Vs. Promoting Through Social Media

nomad

Very Familiar
Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.520
Raw Dex
$0.190
On social media, you can either selling your own products directly, or marketing your products and drive traffic to your store to generate sales. Some social platforms have “shop” feature that allows you to sell your products. For instance, on Facebook and Instagram, You can list your product for sale. This feature saves you form creating an online store on your website or third party marketplace. When you promote, either through you pages or through ads, you are basically trying to divert social traffic to your store.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.840
For me l have tried promoting through the Facebook. l found that it had a very great potential and bringing in positive results. So l think it's so when we come to the selling part of it.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.203
I will actually love to do both. I have promoted my business once on social media before but I did not achieve the needed results but to be honest I did not really put in enough effort.

deucher

Unfamiliar
Mar 24, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Selling's like making a direct ask for a purchase, think "Buy my shirt!" Promoting builds hype & awareness, like "Check out this cool shirt brand!" Both crucial, but selling feels pushy, promoting paves the way. Think long-term engagement, then close the deal

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.073
I use social media to sell my products directly. For this I purchase items from wholesale market and then give it's advertisement on social media, with my complete contact detail, soon people contact me we set a place to meet and then we meet and I sell my products.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.203
I use social media to sell my products directly. For this I purchase items from wholesale market and then give it's advertisement on social media, with my complete contact detail, soon people contact me we set a place to meet and then we meet and I sell my products.
That's nice , what social media do you use for advertising and what has your results been like so far? This year am planning on putting in more focus on advertising and promoting my business.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$1.813
I both the same actions using the Facebook. I did sell a lot by doing it. But then, I need to stop because the local government imposed new rules. I cannot afford to do it.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.970
Raw Dex
$5.693
Both are viable options and can be tried and many are already utilizing both and are able to make decent money with it and its not tough to promote or sell via it

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$10.665
I experimented with selling and promoting through social media platforms. Initially, I used Instagram to sell my products, and now I am employing both Instagram and Facebook to promote my services.

Back