Selling Websites

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Today I want to explore if selling websites online is lucrative as a form of business, I currently have no experience in this field, but this is definitely something that interests me, please do share any information. Thanks a lot!

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Selling websites can be a great way to earn some extra money, or even to start a new business. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you want to be successful.

First, make sure your website is attractive and easy to navigate. potential buyers will want to see a well-designed site that is easy to use. If your site is confusing or difficult to use, you will likely lose potential buyers.

Second, make sure your website is relevant and up-to-date. Buyers will not be interested in a website that is outdated or no longer relevant to their needs.

Third, be sure to price your website competitively. If your asking price is too high, you may not get any buyers. However, if your price is too low, you may not make a profit.

Finally, be prepared to negotiate. Many buyers will want to negotiate on price, so be prepared to haggle. By keeping these tips in mind, you can increase your chances of successfully selling your website.

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Selling websites can be a great way to earn some extra money, or even to start a new business. However, there are a few things you need to keep in mind if you want to be successful.

First, make sure your website is attractive and easy to navigate. potential buyers will want to see a well-designed site that is easy to use. If your site is confusing or difficult to use, you will likely lose potential buyers.

Second, make sure your website is relevant and up-to-date. Buyers will not be interested in a website that is outdated or no longer relevant to their needs.

Third, be sure to price your website competitively. If your asking price is too high, you may not get any buyers. However, if your price is too low, you may not make a profit.

Finally, be prepared to negotiate. Many buyers will want to negotiate on price, so be prepared to haggle. By keeping these tips in mind, you can increase your chances of successfully selling your website.
Wow, this is very informative and insgihtful. Thank you so much for the response and detailed write up!

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Today I want to explore if selling websites online is lucrative as a form of business, I currently have no experience in this field, but this is definitely something that interests me, please do share any information. Thanks a lot!
Website flipping could be lucrative but I think it depends on the website you would be selling. High value website would be easily sold

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Website flipping could be lucrative but I think it depends on the website you would be selling. High value website would be easily sold
Yes exactly, but I think to make a website high-valued, you would require a lot of effort and patience. So perhaps it isn’t as worthwhile as we think it is.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Yes exactly, but I think to make a website high-valued, you would require a lot of effort and patience. So perhaps it isn’t as worthwhile as we think it is.
Yeah everything about making money online needs patience. if you are not patient enough you might not make money

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Selling websites is a lucrative way to make money for yourself online but you must know how to design the website and run it for some time to get some level of traffic.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.002
Raw Dex
$0.001
Website selling is one of the best business that you can try because there are some people who would develop their website and if it has grown to certain stage, they will set it off.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Website selling is one of the best business that you can try because there are some people who would develop their website and if it has grown to certain stage, they will set it off.
I have heard the lot of things about such kind of business but you must be very knowledgeable about web designing so that you will save a lot of money. You can create a website and drive traffic on it and then sell it off for profit.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Selling websites is a great way to be able to earn money for sure. You obviously can not just buy a domain, create a website and then sell it as is as that will not get you much at all unless the domain was worth quite a bit. You would need to add content to the forum and get traffic moving to the site before anyone would consider paying quite a bit for a website. You would need to know SEO and marketing skills to be able to gain traffic to the website as well.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, before you will be able to sell a website for a reasonable price you must be able to create some contents and begin to generate traffic. Nobody will pay for a website that does not have some contents and traffic on it.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
This is the part of making money online which I have not taken because I've not really gotten into the act of buying website and selling it to another person at a higher price.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
The sale of website is also regarded as domain flipping and it is definitely one of the ways that you can explore to make money on the internet most especially if you're lucky, you don't make very huge amount of money.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This is the part of making money online which I have not taken because I've not really gotten into the act of buying website and selling it to another person at a higher price.
I think using platforms like YouTube can actually help you understand how to do this better. It is also important and necessary you have knowledge of web designing so that you can be able to create a website yourself instead of hiring people

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Selling websites is a good business. It needs you to be connected to a lot of people so that you will be able to make sales.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Selling websites is a good business. It needs you to be connected to a lot of people so that you will be able to make sales.
I think there is a particular platform in which you can list your website in and you will get a lot of buyers. But you should make sure that your website is generating traffic before you try to sell it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I think there is a particular platform in which you can list your website in and you will get a lot of buyers. But you should make sure that your website is generating traffic before you try to sell it.
That will be very good especially for people who have a website to sell. They will make profit from that

Back