Should a master teach an apprentice everything?

Phavee

Unfamiliar
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Nigeria, most artisans don't like teaching their aoorenticws everything because they feel the apprentice might grow more than them.
Yes this is so true and i believe all most all masters do it a lot here. And even without teaching your apprentice all you know there are other things the apprentice can know without knowing one thing in this life is we can't know all so definitely the master can teach his/her apprentice what they know and the apprentice can also get other information of same thing from other people but different method.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Yes this is so true and i believe all most all masters do it a lot here. And even without teaching your apprentice all you know there are other things the apprentice can know without knowing one thing in this life is we can't know all so definitely the master can teach his/her apprentice what they know and the apprentice can also get other information of same thing from other people but different method.
That is right
You should teach your apprentice when the person is willing to learn and not the kind of apprentice that you will start begging him or her before the person learns something

Desireu30b

Somewhat Known
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.150
The boss or master cannot teach the apprentice everything even in school you can't learn everything, the apprentice must be open to learning at different places or medium to upgrade and stay relevant

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I believe that an apprentice should always want to learn more and learn alone so that his boss will be very proud of him and will always want to teach him everything that he knows about the business
It is even possible for an apprentice to even get more knowledge about the business above what his boss starting because there is always room for improvement and you can research and improve on whatever you have already been taught.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
It is even possible for an apprentice to even get more knowledge about the business above what his boss starting because there is always room for improvement and you can research and improve on whatever you have already been taught.
I have even seen situations whereby it is now the apprentice who is teaching the bus because the apprentice is making so many researches that the boss is not doing
Some good apprentices do this

Back