Should Children be Engaged in Business?

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
Some families make children involved in business from a young age, some even as young as four or five years. This is a time some people argue that's crucial to the development of children, hence, they shouldn't be burdened with such. Is it right to engage children in business this early?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
That's too early for kids to engage with business. Their concern is to play but if kids are highly exceptional they may be given a try. My nephew 2 years old was trained to sell ice candies and from that business he learned addition and subtraction hehe.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
It is not allowed in my country. It would violate children's rights. They should enjoy their childhood and can other things than this.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That's too early for kids to engage with business. Their concern is to play but if kids are highly exceptional they may be given a try. My nephew 2 years old was trained to sell ice candies and from that business he learned addition and subtraction hehe.
It is good to engage kids with business but 2 years old child is too small

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't think it is advisable for children to engage in business at a very early age. You can help them to develop skills but not engaging in business to make money.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
They should be allowed to engage in business but to a reasonable level and control. Too much exposure to business is not good for a child. That's why they need supervision.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Some families make children involved in business from a young age, some even as young as four or five years. This is a time some people argue that's crucial to the development of children, hence, they shouldn't be burdened with such. Is it right to engage children in business this early?
I don't think children should be engaged in the business because the major thing for them to do in their life is to focus on their education and be a better person in the society then when they grow up they can do whatever business they want to do

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
It is child abuse and can affects a child's health and mental development. But do to economic hardship, parents have no option but to involve the children in selling some stuffs to make money. In Nigeria, it is so disheartening to see children hawking while the country is endowed with enough natural resources.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It is child abuse and can affects a child's health and mental development. But do to economic hardship, parents have no option but to involve the children in selling some stuffs to make money. In Nigeria, it is so disheartening to see children hawking while the country is endowed with enough natural resources.
There are times that you see children who are not more than five years old hawking on the street and it is not supposed to be like that because they're still young and they need to feel the fact that they are children. They need to enjoy their childhood

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.712
It is good to engage kids with business but 2 years old child is too small
Yes, my nephew was too small but he insisted and people were so amused by him and all his ice candies were sold. They tricked him about the change of their money, but they were so stunned when my nephew age 2 was able to give the change correctly. :LOL:

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They should be allowed to engage in business but to a reasonable level and control. Too much exposure to business is not good for a child. That's why they need supervision.
letting children learn skills that will help them make money in the future is better. Sometimes if they engage in business they will not have time for their studies.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.645
Though i am in support of training your children so they would an idea of how the business world works, this would teach them to be more responsible and as well know how to manage but at the same time their childhood should not be taken from them. I think there should be a balance amongst the two.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
I think children should focus on their school work and play in their spare time. Children should not be engaged in business at a very young age. Parents may teach them the concept of saving money though.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.261

There are many people who engage their children into business for many different reasons. They think that exposing children at a young age will make them smarter.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think children should focus on their school work and play in their spare time. Children should not be engaged in business at a very young age. Parents may teach them the concept of saving money though.
In reality not all families can afford sending their children to school. The business is also a school where they can learn. Even some professional sports men started from childhood.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$1.340
Raw Dex
$0.105
In reality not all families can afford sending their children to school. The business is also a school where they can learn. Even some professional sports men started from childhood.
I agree with you. But I think if possible, most parents would like to send their children to schools and have proper education instead of engaging in earning money at a very young age.

Back