Should employees be allowed with their phones during work hours?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
There are so companies where their employees are not allowed to use their phones during working hours, then there are some who allow this. Which do you think is better? Though these companies have good reasons as to why they dont allow their staff use their phones. What's your take on this issue?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$2.855
Raw Dex
$0.063
For betterment of company only for emergency calls, not to writing posts in forums or to play games and earn and not even to writing article to earn money. In Some companies it is, strictly prohibited to use smart phone.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
For betterment of company only for emergency calls, not to writing posts in forums or to play games and earn and not even to writing article to earn money. In Some companies it is, strictly prohibited to use smart phone.
True, the use of phones could lead to distractions and delay in production. For some phones are only allowed when it is related to the business it self. Besides that, the use of phones are not allowed.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.608
ehh well no maybe but I think they should have right to keep it and not be taken away if the person works with phone as well these days phones are huge part of our daily lifes so no wonder a person will use it at work

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my country no government employer will stop you from having your phone on the work hour, but most of privet organizations and privet business owners don't allow their workers to have their phone on the working hour.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I once worked in a restaurant where we were not allowed to use the phone during working hours. That was so understandable given that the customers were many and we were always busy. But for those offices where there isn't much work done, I don't see any reason to deny workers phones. As long as they finish their daily jobs instead of staying on the phone.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.250
Raw Dex
$0.035
I don't think so this might distract people from doing their job effectively so I will prefer the use their jobs after work hour so that they can concentrate on their jobs

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.663
The employees can use their mobile phones at work however, they are instructed to mute their phones and just vibrate it, and if there is a call they can ask for some minute excuse especially if it is an emergency call.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
I don't think so this might distract people from doing their job effectively so I will prefer the use their jobs after work hour so that they can concentrate on their jobs
True, where i used to work most of the employees would spend time pressing their phones for hours leaving what they are supposed to do, this habit was extremely annoying back then.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
True, where i used to work most of the employees would spend time pressing their phones for hours leaving what they are supposed to do, this habit was extremely annoying back then.
That's a bad act , working hours should be strictly meant for work,they can do all that during break as most organizations do have period for breaks , that's why in some place of work you will be compelled to switch off phones while work starts

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.258
That's a bad act , working hours should be strictly meant for work,they can do all that during break as most organizations do have period for breaks , that's why in some place of work you will be compelled to switch off phones while work starts
This was also one of the reasons i left. The work load and pressure was becoming too much on me. As the manager i was the one taking all the blame from the customers and even my boss. Most times i would have to also do their own job as well.

Kera

Somewhat Known
Jun 18, 2024
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.073
I am not really against staff keeping their phones close to them when they work. They might have vital communication to do, even regarding the work itself.

Dewlance

Complete Stranger
Oct 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
It depends on type of work. If you give your employees target based work then allow them to bring mobile or whatever but at the end of day target should be completed.

You can make some rules for using mobile in office.

Smalto

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.003
For me, I don't think it is actually right or worth it, if the phone will bring huge distractions to the employee or the employees are seen operating their phones when they should be busy working, then whatever punishment or penalty they get is well deserved.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.340
I operate an informal business and my employees would be allowed to bring their phones into the shop. They would put it in their bags and just bring it out when it rings.

Back