Should employees listen to music while working?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.863
When working, most times i prefer listening to music, not very loud though. When i really want to focus on work i play music with my ear piece, it actually calms me down and helps me focus. There are certain cases where i have seen most business owners complain about their staffs getting distracted due to them playing music, what do you think about this.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.003
I used to listen to music while working offline before. I use my headset so that I will not disturb others. Some companies do not allow this though.

Asfa

Unfamiliar
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
While doing comprehensive work one should be careful and sometimes I think people used to get involved in music when some of them are getting vibes from music and they can't be able to fully concentrate on work

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Many large corporations and government companies have soft music playing while employees are working. But in general they are employees working behind computers/laptops. But business owners will be angry if employees listen to music with ear phones while operating machines because it is very dangerous. So it will depend on the type of work. When I work I always listen to the radio quietly and the business owner is never angry.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
When working, most times i prefer listening to music, not very loud though. When i really want to focus on work i play music with my ear piece, it actually calms me down and helps me focus. There are certain cases where i have seen most business owners complain about their staffs getting distracted due to them playing music, what do you think about this.
If music will not be a distraction to the worker I think he or she is allowed to play music but the person should use earpiece or air pod so that it will not disturb other people

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
This depends upon individual character and the nature of works. Where worker is working alone, he can be listening to music. But where he is working in dangerous zone, he needed to be alert and free himself from anything that will cause distraction.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
This depends upon individual character and the nature of works. Where worker is working alone, he can be listening to music. But where he is working in dangerous zone, he needed to be alert and free himself from anything that will cause distraction.
Exactly. When the song is too loud, it may disturb him and he won't know what's happening around him. So it is not very advisable

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I don't see any problem with it provided you can keep the volume very low to avoid disturbing others.
And that is why the person would use earpiece or air pod so that the volume will not disturb other people but the person should be able to hear what people say around him too

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.300
Raw Dex
$0.000
And that is why the person would use earpiece or air pod so that the volume will not disturb other people but the person should be able to hear what people say around him too
Yeah using a earpiece will help it will distract or disturbs other workers but music helps to calm the brain

Sanjeev

Well Known
Sep 23, 2022
Dex
$6.215
Raw Dex
$0.008
It depends on the type of work you're doing. When you do some mind work music can cause distraction whereas when you do only physical work then music can be a stress reliever.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Here is my company workers are not allowed even to bring their mobiles because it distracts their work.
I also know of a company where they do not allow workers to bringing their phones because it is a form of distraction and people tend not to do their work well whenever they have their phone with them

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.070
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't see anything bad with it and whenever I listen music while I work my productivity seems to increase and it does help me focus more on work.

Back