Should one borrow to invest?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$6.888
I went to a business event some time back, the speaker made a statement, while trying to convince people to invest in the business he said they can also borrow to invest in it. Do you think it is right to borrow to invest? Personally i do not think this is right, its too risky. No matter how sure you are about the the investment, its not advisable to do this.

LoukiaCharilaou

Notable
Jul 28, 2022
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.020
I went to a business event some time back, the speaker made a statement, while trying to convince people to invest in the business he said they can also borrow to invest in it. Do you think it is right to borrow to invest? Personally i do not think this is right, its too risky. No matter how sure you are about the the investment, its not advisable to do this.
I agree with you. I would never borrow in order to invest. It is too risky because you do not know the future of this investment.

Johnson2468

Notable
Dec 23, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my own opinion, investing with your own funds or savings is the best. There are some disadvantages associated with borrow money to fund your business like lack of focus on the business

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.220
Raw Dex
$0.008
In my location, a lot of people borrow money to subscribe for IPOs. When the IPO shares are allotted, the price of the shares in the stock market usually hike, enabling the subscribers to make good profits. I have also subscribed for IPOs and made some money, but I never take the risk of borrowing money to do that.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes, that's right, I totally agree with you. Investing is different from saving. There is a possibility that our funds will not return if the company we invest in goes bankrupt or is irresponsible. In my opinion, this investment is intended for people who already have advantages in financial matters, if our money still limited, in my opinion, there is no need to invest, let alone invest with borrowed funds. Big No, too risky.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
No, never, been there done that, i borrow money two times from the bank, the fact that i have to pay the bank every month for 3 years was not suit me well, after did that for 2 times, my wife and i agree to paid all of my debt and now i am debt free and only using my own money to running the shop

Kennysplash

Unfamiliar
Sep 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Now why should anyone borrow to invest? So if you realized that you have experienced loses in your investment, how will you pay back the money you borrowed? Not advisable.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
but when talking about borrow moneyto invest, we have to realize that we are capable to pay it every month, if not i do not suggest this way of investment

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.345
Borrowing money to invest is one thing that a lot of people do but I don't think it makes sense. People should invest when they have the money because it is likely for them to lose the money

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is wrong to borrow to invest because investment is a game of risk. There is no invest that is 100% secured. There is no investment that is risk free. When taking decision, there is need to consider the benefits and likely disadvantages. Assuming you borrowed to invest and unfortunately the investment crashed, what will you do ?

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.603
It's so illogical to borrow money just to build an investment. It's a crucial act. What if investment fails, how can you pay, the interest alone is a disaster. Invest only if you have capital. It's not good to gamble.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$9.678
It depends on the interest rates of the loan borrowed. When the interest rates exceeds the the return on investments then the loan facility is not worthy the investment therefore a waste of time.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.013
For m i think it is right to borrow to invest. i do not think this is right to borrow to eat though its too risky. but it still better to borrow for investment,

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
For m i think it is right to borrow to invest. i do not think this is right to borrow to eat though its too risky. but it still better to borrow for investment,
You can borrow to invest if the business is very viable and it is definitely one of the ways at which we make money for ourself.

Back