Should workers be faithful to a single company

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Entrepreneurs would tell you it is alot better and safer to have more than a single source of income, what about does working in a company, do you think they should be faithful to just that company, or are they allowed to run other gigs for other companies and also their personal business as well?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
They prefer money and the moment they get more money they leave work but its not a good attitude
Hmm true though, there is a staff where am currently working who always let his personal work affect that of the office, most times he just disappears to God knows where, affecting the jobs at the office. But what about in a situation where a staff runs their personal gigs yet it does not affect their performance is that okay? Cause most companies pay very little hence one cannot reply on them alone.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.191
I do not think so. When I was working to an office-based company before, I still have online jobs to earn extra cash. In my view, it is best to work online as a freelancer because you can have lots of opportunties.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$1.090
Raw Dex
$2.533
Hmm true though, there is a staff where am currently working who always let his personal work affect that of the office, most times he just disappears to God knows where, affecting the jobs at the office. But what about in a situation where a staff runs their personal gigs yet it does not affect their performance is that okay? Cause most companies pay very little hence one cannot reply on them alone.
Some people are like that at work and they always create problems for others and we need to suffer because of them

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$9.825
Some people are like that at work and they always create problems for others and we need to suffer because of them
You completely get my point. I cant even count the number of times i have been shouted out by my boss simply cause of their behavior or attitude towards office jobs.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.812
Entrepreneurs would tell you it is alot better and safer to have more than a single source of income, what about does working in a company, do you think they should be faithful to just that company, or are they allowed to run other gigs for other companies and also their personal business as well?
If the salary isn't enough, the employee may find another means to earn, however, there are companies and even schools that disallow an employee to do moonlighting
, as long as the sideline is not the same as the actual work, I believe, it is not disloyalty or unfaithfulness.

Asfa

Unfamiliar
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It's common to see people switch companies and jobs when they are getting more money but at least work at a single place for a year it's not a good attitude to leave a place in a month or two through this you can never be approaching a higher post

Augustus kparobo

Unfamiliar
Nov 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Everybody would want a place where they can work and gain enough one question we must always ask is that am I making enough profit for the future as one being loyal to one company will not be bad but those that company know my worth are they ready to satisfy me or am I just going to give my best and still be idle, Soni do presume if one does his job effectively and can still create chance to earn extra well it a go for me

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Since it is about making money you can apply for gigs in other companies and if you get the job there is nothing bad in it

funkie

Somewhat Known
Oct 17, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think everyone has a right to use as many sources of income as they wish - so I don't really think one needs to have just one source of income, but yes you must do justice to all your sources of income.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.812
I'll only be loyal to a company that serves subordinates faithfully too. But if it's a good company I could be loyal to it by supporting its policies and helping it grow big thru my dedication.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.571
For me I think it's not possible for now. The economy has been ravaged and the rate of inflation is alarming. So it's likely for people to have side gigs to make ends meet.

Back