Starting a catering service from home

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah , but it's advisable to start small and not cooking varieties of food yet so as to avoid wastage, when people get to know you do that maybe on a daily basis and you are good at it then they will surely patronize you.
It is best to start by creating a niche for yourself in a particular meal. Become an authority in that meal so that you become the go to brand as far as that meal is concerned. After that, you can start adding other meals bit by bit.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.071
As long as you can be able to carry out all the business activities in your home, I don't see any reason why it is not going to work out. A bit more of people do it recently.
Yes there are lots of people doing it right now, especially students. Many students have started the business and they are making good money from it. Their target audience are mostly other students.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
The catering business is a good business, I have been in this business but only temporarily. Because we are not strong anymore because we have to stay up all night to prepare orders. Sometimes orders are picked up at 3 or 4 AM.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.100
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is best to start by creating a niche for yourself in a particular meal. Become an authority in that meal so that you become the go to brand as far as that meal is concerned. After that, you can start adding other meals bit by bit.
Yeah , you are right , you will always be called as far as such meal is concerned, this even gets a lot if there are less food stalls in your location and you will be able to make a lot out of it.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah , you are right , you will always be called as far as such meal is concerned, this even gets a lot if there are less food stalls in your location and you will be able to make a lot out of it.
Do you understand that point where people know you for a particular food.. You would hear people now referring to you as "jollof girl". At that point, you have become an authority.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.071
The catering business is a good business, I have been in this business but only temporarily. Because we are not strong anymore because we have to stay up all night to prepare orders. Sometimes orders are picked up at 3 or 4 AM.
Yes its a good business but can be extremely stressful. I have also seen some Persons who might not even sleep at all through the night simply because they are trying to meet up with an order. Its not easy but the reward is good.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$1.000
Raw Dex
$0.876
Catering services at home is a good business if you have sufficient capital. You need manpower and pay them per day minimum wage, a cook, cleaner, grocery buyer and tools. You also need to advertise your catering services business to gain clients.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
Yes its a good business but can be extremely stressful. I have also seen some Persons who might not even sleep at all through the night simply because they are trying to meet up with an order. Its not easy but the reward is good.
Yes, you are right, but if someone is not used to staying up late then he will get sick easily. I also get sick easily due to lack of sleep and rest. Managing a catering business is not an easy business.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.914
Running of the Catering services can be so profitable in my country. This is because there is a higher number of people that really like eating the fast foods for that matter.

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a very good idea that you have right there as it regards to starting a catering business from your home which means making different varieties of pastries and foods.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.500
If you want have catering you must have official car. It can be regular car but you will not be able drive bigger amount of food or cakes. You must have some wan and for summer time it must have refrigerator system.

Back