Subject teachers that are scarce in the educational sector.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
There are some subjects that you rarely find teachers to teach them. These subjects always command a very high salary because of the scarcity of professionals to handle the subjects. They include

1) Technical Drawing and Further Maths: They are very few people that are sound on this core science subject and the few available charge very high.

2) French : Only few people can make it in this course and it is impossible to see a full time French teacher.
3) Phonics: If you want a good phonics teacher in Nigeria, you would pay so much money just to get one on part time basis.

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
Personally I think subject teachers that are scarce are language teachers (any language apart from English) and vocational aptitude teachers. You hardly find them.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$4.131
You are right. There are some subjects that a few teachers can teach them. In some Asian countries, they are so desperate to learn the universal language and that is English. So, they tend to ask the ESL Teachers' services.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$4.060
What about Physics and Math teachers? In my area there is high demand for it especially for math. Worst thing is salary is same for all teachers and this is main reason why those two goes in private sector.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
In my country, what is rare is a teacher of a foreign language other than English. Because there are very few enthusiasts to learn foreign languages, other than English, Arabic, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin and German.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Science teachers are always rare for you to see the ones that are very good in those subjects that is the reason why they are always in high demand.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.481
For me in my country the teachers that are hard to find are the Maths, and physics teachers. Your may find in my locality that one physics teachers has like three to four high schools to attend to.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
For me in my country the teachers that are hard to find are the Maths, and physics teachers. Your may find in my locality that one physics teachers has like three to four high schools to attend to.
I understand that physics is somehow technical but it is not a hard task to find a physics teacher in my place. As for maths, if you are good in it, schools would give you good money because you can't even find them.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I recently saw a notice that countries like United kingdom are looking for teachers in physics, chemistry and others. I think teachers in those subjects are getting scarce everyday.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
For me further mathematics teachers are very scarce also foreign language teachers. It is not easy to find these teachers and have them work in one school. Because of how scarce they are.,most schools don't mind having them work part time as they can't afford to pay them full salary and retain them to work for then alone

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Further mathematics is one of the hardest subject in high School in this part of the world. I think it is the reason there is scarcity of teachers because many schools are looking for them. A lot of people are also losing interest in mathematics generally.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.290
Further mathematics is one of the hardest subject in high School in this part of the world. I think it is the reason there is scarcity of teachers because many schools are looking for them. A lot of people are also losing interest in mathematics generally.
A lot of people are losing interest in mathematics because they have come to see that the mathematics is not applied anywhere in real life. It looks like a completely abstract concept.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.001
A lot of people are losing interest in mathematics because they have come to see that the mathematics is not applied anywhere in real life. It looks like a completely abstract concept.
You got it all wrong because mathematics is needed in the real life in anything you want to engage yourself in.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I don't really like teaching except if I could get one online that will pay me well. I am prolific in mathematics and I know a lot about technical drawings as well.

Most people actually don't like teaching because teachers are always underpaid and you can understand the frustration it comes with knowing that you are supposed to be paid well but as a result of how teaching job is perceived you are always underpaid.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, mathematics is very much applicable in real life but the truth is that some countries have not reached to that level. Engineers for example actually needs mathematics to excel in their field.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
You are right I think I have noticed this personally as well. I think subject teachers that are scarce are language teachers in Nigeria like french, Spanish , Italian etc

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Well, mathematics is very much applicable in real life but the truth is that some countries have not reached to that level. Engineers for example actually needs mathematics to excel in their field.

A lot of people actually struggling with mathematics including myself which is why I believe that it is one of them subjects that teachers are always required in.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Well Known
Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.004
Raw Dex
$0.121
Most people actually don't like teaching because teachers are always underpaid and you can understand the frustration it comes with knowing that you are supposed to be paid well but as a result of how teaching job is perceived you are always underpaid.
Teachers are really underpaid and that is why it is not an encouraging profession

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.095
Raw Dex
$0.543
Yesh, Teachers are really underpaid but I think it is mostly in the third world countries and that is why it is not an encouraging profession this side of the world

Back