Substitute for charcoal

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was a thread I saw about people creating business ideas, I then watch a few YouTube videos about it . this charcoal substitute piqued my interest , it was made from coconut waste(the shell) the process wasn't that easy but that idea is nature friendly.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
There are also many here in my place. People are selling charcoal for fish grilling. I love to eat grilled fish cooked ftom charcoal.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.810
There was a thread I saw about people creating business ideas, I then watch a few YouTube videos about it . this charcoal substitute piqued my interest , it was made from coconut waste(the shell) the process wasn't that easy but that idea is nature friendly.
It is commonly used in the countryside of my nation. However, it is only used for outdoor activities and not at home.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are also many here in my place. People are selling charcoal for fish grilling. I love to eat grilled fish cooked ftom charcoal.
It's also used to grill fish, corn and suya(spiced grilled meat) here . and this substitute will be more impressive to those made from trees.
It is commonly used in the countryside of my nation. However, it is only used for outdoor activities and not at home.
Charcoals are largely used for outdoor purpose, it's not suitable/advisable for indoor use.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
It's also used to grill fish, corn and suya(spiced grilled meat) here . and this substitute will be more impressive to those made from trees.

Charcoals are largely used for outdoor purpose, it's not suitable/advisable for indoor use.
Yes true it's delicate. It may cause fire.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Well, you would not blsme the charcoal sellers they want to also make profit despite all expenses. So they have to inculcate everything to cover their expenditures.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes true it's delicate. It may cause fire.
Exactly, the risk of fire outbreaks is high.
Well, you would not blsme the charcoal sellers they want to also make profit despite all expenses. So they have to inculcate everything to cover their expenditures.
No one should blame them because this charcoal substitute is more expensive to normal charcoals although the advantages complements the price: it emits next to no smoke compare to normal charcoal and it also last longer.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.770

No one should blame them because this charcoal substitute is more expensive to normal charcoals although the advantages complements the price: it emits next to no smoke compare to normal charcoal and it also last longer.
Charcoals are not delicate to use in grilling fish, chicken, beef or pork if properly taken care of.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010

Exactly my thought, if it is worth it, then it shouldn't be a problem to add some money to buy and it will serve you better.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Exactly my thought, if it is worth it, then it shouldn't be a problem to add some money to buy and it will serve you better.
Exactly, and it will also reduce deforestation, if this substitute can be globally accepted then I will protect our wild life at lest to some extent , there would not be any use of chopping trees in other to make charcoal.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.120
Raw Dex
$0.010
Exactly, and it will also reduce deforestation, if this substitute can be globally accepted then I will protect our wild life at lest to some extent , there would not be any use of chopping trees in other to make charcoal.
Your last line is Apt. I think the government is taking this serious now to avoid people cutting down tree indiscriminately.

Mikky

Notable
Jul 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
That is expected from the because deforestation will cause more harm not only to the wild life but also people living around the woods , there are some natural disasters which are prevented by enough trees. I think the government are saving themselves stress of cleaning the aftermath of deforestation.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$3.018
True, over here charcoal is usually common for roasting things like plantain commonly known as bole or bbq fish and suya, besides these things, people usually make use of fire wood or gas.

Reedex

Well Known
Jan 8, 2023
Dex
$0.030
Raw Dex
$0.010
There was a time I want to involved in a charcoal business. I had wanted to use one of my bus to take the charcoal from rural area in my country to the urban centres to sell.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I am sorry I don't buy into all thee kinds of business ideas. Selling charcoal for people to use is hazardous to health. But what do I know? I see people selling charcoal in my area and they are doing well. The coconut back is not sold.

oldbuddy

Notable
Sep 13, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have not used charcoal for grilling in many years, but I have owned three different Traeger Hardwood Pellet grils that do a much better and safer job. There is one on my back deck right now.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$3.810

You are also right that some people use the coconut husks as an alternative for the charcoals. But then, they are so limited especially if the locals are living in big cities. Air fryer machines have been using to grill some food these days.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Coconut waste has been used as fuel in rural areas in my country for a long time. Even the husks of oil palm when dried burns very well and has been used to cook in rural areas.

Back