Sudden changes of price tags could be wrong

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
It will be disheartening for the customers when see the tags so suddenly change when they buy the same items a day before. I saw one customer back out. She was already at the cashier counter in a big store near my place when she realized that the items she bought a day ago were not the same in price. She was mad, so she left the items on the counter and never paid. The items were already punched, but the cashier had no energy to shout at the customers. It was the fault of the business owner. He applied a black and white strategy which was a failure. Indeed, it never gave a profit but risk.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.280
It depends on what products you are selling. If you are selling essential items, you can sell even when you raise price as people need the product. If you are selling non essential items, your sales might reduce.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
Situations like this can really affect your calculations if you are the type that plans your spending. Something like this happened last year, we had already budget how much to buy some materials based on the price, only to go there and see the price has completely changed.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
That kind of change which is instant is malicious. It creates doubts on the part of the customers They will also spread that change to people. That's a possibility of customers negativity.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.040
I don't know who can be at fault...the business owner or the customer. Customer should definitely check the price tag on the day of purchasing before taking it to the counter. I really feel bad for the cashier who will have to bear the burnt for no fault. The item is punched but not paid for. I am sure that the cashier will have to answer later.
Such practices can be malicious by the business owner in some cases, and even unethical. But at times th prices of products do rise overnight due to some new policies like extra tax and duty imposed. We often see that happening with food products like eggs, tomatoes, onions etc. We have many recent examples where their prices have doubled and tripled overnight.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.528
l don't see any reason whatsoever the business owner is to blame. It's normal like in my country that the prices of items rises higher up just abruptly without any notice.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
It happens here but some customers are hot tempered no brake and patience. They should have understood the side of the business owner. Prices of product providers fluctuate, so there's no choice of the business owner but to increase the prices instantly.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.870
Raw Dex
$0.008
Here, some shops change the price tags occasionally. That doesn't mean that they increase the price of their products. They sometimes offer special price for selected products. This is part of their promotion strategy.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.275
Product prices are subject to fluctuations due to a variety of factors, such as market demand or raw material cost changes. As a result, it is not unusual for suppliers to increase their prices, causing business owners to increase their prices as well. This can be a difficult decision for business owners as they risk losing customers if they raise the prices, but not doing so could ultimately hurt their business.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.133
Change only the price tags for the new items, not the old ones; the customers will be disappointed seeing the sudden change when it was just a day they missed buying it, and how come so suddenly the prices changed?

Back