The fate of Sim Card makers now that there's Sim Card Registration law

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
The Philippine government required sim cards to be registered in order to track fraudulent activities or criminal acts. We only have two months left and if sim cards won't be registered to the respective providers, there's automatic deactivation of sims. What will be the fate of the sim card makers business going down. The registered card will be permanent. May I know if it also happens or already done in your country?

AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.050
Security should come first before profit or whatever motives. Last year, Nigeria government make it mandatory that every sim card should be registered with National identification number. Many sim cards were blocked after the deadline date was passed. Till date, many people are still out of connectivity because they don't want to register their sims.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
Security should come first before profit or whatever motives. Last year, Nigeria government make it mandatory that every sim card should be registered with National identification number. Many sim cards were blocked after the deadline date was passed. Till date, many people are still out of connectivity because they don't want to register their sims.
Yes I've read the news via Google news that your government had mandatory imposition of Sim Card Registration. Mine isn't yet registered. I might go to my sim card provider to register it.

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.005
It happens in Tajikistan. You cannot even buy without presenting IDs and the like. I am not sure if this can be carried out effectively. It is my first time to hear this though.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
It happens in Tajikistan. You cannot even buy without presenting IDs and the like. I am not sure if this can be carried out effectively. It is my first time to hear this though.
You have to go to your sim card provider Globe or Smart. If you won't register it your phone will be useless. I'll go to Globe next week. I don't have yet National ID. Do you have now?
Post automatically merged:

@Yugocean our sims cards here aren't free. It's good there in your country.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
I think all sim cards in India are registered but they have rules that a person cannot have more than 7 sim cards on its name
Here, we are still starting and we are required only three sim cards to register. Two for celfons and 1 for the Wi Fi.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
I love it that the word is moving in the same direction and helping to cave the bad vives from fraudulant people and scammers.The introduction of the law to ensure that the one using the SIM card is the absolute or has seeked permission from the absolute owner in terms of spouse and under aged children is the best direction to kerb alot of bad vices.It has also been done in my country Zambia.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
@Carson20t , this way, crimes will be minimized and cheaters will right away be tracked. I have not registered yet my sim cards. We only have 0 days left to comply with the law of sim registration.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
@Carson20t , this way, crimes will be minimized and cheaters will right away be tracked. I have not registered yet my sim cards. We only have 0 days left to comply with the law of sim registration.
You should register your sim card in the righ details so that you do not lose out on important calls,we already did this process some few years ago in our country.But you still have to know that fraudsters and hackers are also getting sophisticated even as we are doing the registration of the simcards they are busy trying to find a way to hijack the system.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
You should register your sim card in the righ details so that you do not lose out on important calls,we already did this process some few years ago in our country.But you still have to know that fraudsters and hackers are also getting sophisticated even as we are doing the registration of the simcards they are busy trying to find a way to hijack the system.
Yes, I have to next week because I have an active work in the day. I only have Saturdays vacant, The Globe Telecom office is also open on Sundays.

Carson20t

Notable
Sep 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.480
Yes, I have to next week because I have an active work in the day. I only have Saturdays vacant, The Globe Telecom office is also open on Sundays.
That is good then,i am just wondering why your cou ntry had to take this long to implement that feature to ensuring that every simcard should be registered in the appropriate names unless the person concents for others to use it.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
That is good then,i am just wondering why your cou ntry had to take this long to implement that feature to ensuring that every simcard should be registered in the appropriate names unless the person concents for others to use it.
It took Senate to discuss the pros and cons and it was approved by previous Ph President Duterte now under Marcos, it's resumed. We only have 60 days left. I'll go to Globe Telecom tomorrow.

AmazingJob

Notable
Sep 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.760
I believe this is important to combat fraud, attacks and even terror attacks even. There are anonymous senders who are sending link to scam people.
I believe we still have until April to register our sims. I am already registered.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
I believe this is important to combat fraud, attacks and even terror attacks even. There are anonymous senders who are sending link to scam people.
I believe we still have until April to register our sims. I am already registered.
That is right, but there are smart people, so knowledgeable how to defraud a sim, hoping it won't happen in our country. I am not yet registering my 3 sims. 2 Globe sims for my celfons and 1 sim for my Globe Wi-Fi.

Back