AgoraForo - Digital Marketplace & Freelancer Forum

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Security should come first before profit or whatever motives. Last year, Nigeria government make it mandatory that every sim card should be registered with National identification number. Many sim cards were blocked after the deadline date was passed. Till date, many people are still out of connectivity because they don't want to register their sims.
I had already registered my national identity card before then so I had no problem but I know a large number of people who have got their Sim Card banned because they could not meet up to the deadline that the government has given to everybody

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$1.130
Raw Dex
$4.988
I don't think anything would happen to sim makers though, business might not go smoothly this period due to the fact that a lot of persons would be trying their best to secure their sims but once things have settled down, things should go back to normal.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
I am so thankful that I successfully registered my last sim card this morning. It took me hours because of my ID. They required me my passport and it took me some minutes to resize it 3 times to be accepted by the sim card registration organizers.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
@Stardom22 , exactly, that was what the site manager said that they will have less profit in selling cards, but those who will buy new ones after the registration, will have their sims already registered, so they still have some profits.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I don't think anything would happen to sim makers though, business might not go smoothly this period due to the fact that a lot of persons would be trying their best to secure their sims but once things have settled down, things should go back to normal.
There is truly nothing that will happen to sim card makers. They will still make sales even though it is not like before.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
I am so thankful, I am done registering my 3 sim cards. But there is another one I forgot to register and that is the sim of my wi-fi. I have to remove the sim and transfer it to a cellular phone to be able to get the code as required.

IB D

Well Known
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.190
People still register sim cards with different names and sell it out to the public at a higher rate. And people still buy notwithstanding the security risks involved.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
OMG, that is not good practice. It is a crime. It cannot happen in my country. All sims are registered in full faith, with complete credentials, especially the selfie. Those caught doing malicious acts will land in jail.

AngelaP

Complete Stranger
Jun 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
The SIM card Registration law will shake things up for SIM card makers. They’ll probably adapt quickly to stay ahead of the new regulations. On the one hand, it could mean more work to ensure compliance, but on the flip side, it might also lead to new opportunities in the market.

People might seek ways to protect their privacy and get a new SIM card hassle-free. Companies that offer quick and secure solutions might come out on top. A fake phone number for verification might be one way to make things smoother for everyone.
Overall, it will be interesting to see how this plays out and how companies pivot to meet the new demands.

Last edited:

Shavkat

Very Familiar
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.015
Raw Dex
$2.005
The SIM card Registration law will shake things up for SIM card makers. They’ll probably adapt quickly to stay ahead of the new regulations. On the one hand, it could mean more work to ensure compliance, but on the flip side, it might also lead to new opportunities in the market.
In my country, the sim card registration has been approved and implemented now. So, we need to follow the directives.

Starmix

Popular
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.225
Unregistered sim cards in the Philippines never functions. It will become invalid and may be subject for interrogation of the owner.

Back