The importance of having a right successor for a business leader- The Manchester United Example.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
I have been a fan of Manchester United football club since 1999. I have seen the brand and the club grow in leaps and bounds under the leadership of then Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. The iconics manager had to retire in 2013 but there was no one prepared and primed to succeed him.

Fast forward to today, the clujbyuas fallen from the echelon of the industry because of lack of successors. Four managers have come and gone but no one can make it work the way Ferguson did.

Ferguson should have known that he would retire one day and should have started training a manager who would understudy him and succeed him.

Business Lesson: Every business must have a succession plan by molding business leaders far ahead for the far future.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.620
Most businesses that usuallly have great management always crash when that management leaves. That is because they get relaxed and enjoy that great management without creating a succession plan.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
I have been a fan of Manchester United football club since 1999. I have seen the brand and the club grow in leaps and bounds under the leadership of then Manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. The iconics manager had to retire in 2013 but there was no one prepared and primed to succeed him.

Fast forward to today, the clujbyuas fallen from the echelon of the industry because of lack of successors. Four managers have come and gone but no one can make it work the way Ferguson did.

Ferguson should have known that he would retire one day and should have started training a manager who would understudy him and succeed him.

Business Lesson: Every business must have a succession plan by molding business leaders far ahead for the far future.
I guess Ferguson was supposed to train someone just like the way he did it back then in the days of Chicharito, Ibrahimovic, and others. I don't think there is anyone who has handled Manchester United like the way Alex Ferguson did

Last edited:

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is good to have a successful as a business manager because you would be able to keep the business going and success will be achieved seamlessly without any hiccups

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
It is good to have a successful as a business manager because you would be able to keep the business going and success will be achieved seamlessly without any hiccups
A good business manager will make sure that all of the activities going on in the workplace is going on well and the person should also think of new ways to improve the company's reputation and activities so that they can make more profit

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

There was no way it was the duty of Alex Ferguson to train a manager that is going to replace him when it comes to hiring another manager to take over. He can recommend to the board but it's never his decision to choose. It is the duty of the board to scout for a manager who is capable to replace the retired manager. United board The Glazers have been a leach in the club for years. I'm a United fan too, so I understand all that's been happening. Now, they are talking about selling the club but they are refusing full sale as they still want to be among the shareholders.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
When choosing a successor for your business, it is extremely important you find the right person who would take over. I have seen cases where a business or company that has been doing well suddenly drop and go into bankruptcy because the person in charge cannot handle things.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There was no way it was the duty of Alex Ferguson to train a manager that is going to replace him when it comes to hiring another manager to take over. He can recommend to the board but it's never his decision to choose. It is the duty of the board to scout for a manager who is capable to replace the retired manager. United board The Glazers have been a leach in the club for years. I'm a United fan too, so I understand all that's been happening. Now, they are talking about selling the club but they are refusing full sale as they still want to be among the shareholders.
The Glazers family have their own blame but take it from me, Sir Alex didn't put a succession plan for the club after him. He had veto power to make that decision and the board would just allign. He should have taken someone under his wings 10 years to his retirement and groomed the person to take over from him. Succession is not something that you do even in 3 years.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
When choosing a successor for your business, it is extremely important you find the right person who would take over. I have seen cases where a business or company that has been doing well suddenly drop and go into bankruptcy because the person in charge cannot handle things.
This is why it is good for you to have someone who you will train to be like you so that the business will continue to grow whenever you stop working there or when you retire

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well, I am not that much into football. I prefer cricket and I have played it. Having said that, I think that having a successor is a great thing, especially if you have a family. Your children would become your successor.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.240
Well, I am not that much into football. I prefer cricket and I have played it. Having said that, I think that having a successor is a great thing, especially if you have a family. Your children would become your successor.
I have never had interest in cricket game until a friend talked me how they always play and I began to develop some interest for it but I do not get to watch the games all the time

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
The truth is that most managers lack the ability to raise leaders. And they don't know that it is on big aspect of management. That is what happened with Sir Alex. Raising leaders is not what you do just suddenly.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.898
You are right we always need a successor. Every business must have a succession plan through molding business leaders so that they can carry the business far into the future.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
In a matter of fact it's not an easy task for one to get a great business successor in this world. Almost everyone is not trustworthy and they are very dishonesty.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$1.170
Raw Dex
$2.870
I am not much into football, therefore, I cannot relate to this business case study, however, I understand what it means to have a leader in the business. The right leader will always steer the business to success

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
In a matter of fact it's not an easy task for one to get a great business successor in this world. Almost everyone is not trustworthy and they are very dishonesty.
True, I have seen cases where a business that was once doing very well suddenly fall completely after the new successor takes over. This usually happens due to poor managements.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
True, I have seen cases where a business that was once doing very well suddenly fall completely after the new successor takes over. This usually happens due to poor managements.
The thing is one needs to make the required and proper training to the successors before giving them the responsibilities for running of the businesses on their behalf for that matter.

flower

Notable
Jan 9, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The business legacy would be carried on by the successor and that is why it is important to engage or invest in skill development for the employees or anyone you want to choose to succeed your business.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.778
I think the point here is to get a person that is passionate about the business niche that you are dealing with. That person would have the urge to take business to it's growth in sustainability even on your absence.

fcbetting

Notable
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.220
Sir Alex Ferguson is not business owner. Glazer family is and many think they run club as business and not as football club. They manage all marketing, fan shops, price of tickets for games. Business part was never in Fergusons hands. Exect buy and sell players.

Back