The job you love or the one that pays well?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.748
When selecting a business or a job to work, would you go for the one you love or the one that pays well? These days most of the jobs that pays well are usually not the ones we truly have passion for. It's usually rare sometimes to find a job you have passion for and it pays well. Personally I would go for the job that pays well first. Once I have been able to save up something reasonable and secure myself to some extent financially, then I can go for a job I have passion for if I still desire to change.

olaniyi

Unfamiliar
Jun 10, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
These days money cannot be subtract from the requirements for one to love a job if the job I love has a better future of more income I will stay with it

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.910
Raw Dex
$0.008
I think I need a balance. Of course, I love to work for a job which pays well. However, if I really am not interested in the job and cannot work with a toxic boss, I cannot work for such a company. I'll go for a job which pays a bit less but offers me opportunities to learn and grow.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.748
I think I need a balance. Of course, I love to work for a job which pays well. However, if I really am not interested in the job and cannot work with a toxic boss, I cannot work for such a company. I'll go for a job which pays a bit less but offers me opportunities to learn and grow.
Yes in most cases we need to pick out mental health and peace of mind over money. There are some jobs that is just too toxic due to the kind of people around. So it's best to just avoid them.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.390
As long as the job pays well I can easily start living it. I do not purely work for the love if job, I also work for money, I can love the job that pays more.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$1.210
Raw Dex
$0.010
It is very good question because after doing jobs in so many organizations finally I can say as to connect with the job with which you love. The logic behind this as I left many companies where salaries were good but I don't like those companies.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$10.000
Raw Dex
$0.220
It depends, if the job is difficult then why should I suffer. I better choose the one I most comfortable with and happy. There are companies that offer huge salaries but the works are hard to define, very difficult.

Back