Things to do Before Retirement

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.508
A person's financial situation typically shifts once they reach retirement age.
If you stop working, you will likely have a smaller income. All of your anticipated retirement costs, such as food, medical care, etc., should be factored into the budget. Keep in mind the birthdays and other occasions, too.

Also, pay off your debts. To put it bluntly, debt can put a serious dent in your retirement savings. Paying off large amounts of debt should be a top priority if you want to retire comfortably. Or else, your monthly costs may threaten to derail your savings for old age. Make sure to save a lot of money and increase your emergency fund, too.

Do you have anything else in mind to make your retirement as less hassle as possible?

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In Nigeria, the best arrangement you could have made for your retirement plan is to think of you can invest on during your active service such that return on investment on the project would be sufficient to sustain you during your retirement period.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I think if we can start a business even if its small it will be best for us as we will have confirmed earnings and we can work for as long as we want

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
It's good to e debt-free before retirement for the retirement pension may not be sufficient for the retires daily needs. Especially during these pandemic years, worried are those who retired during the pandemic because they owed much money to friends for their earnings are not sufficient. Therefore, they still have existing debts before retirement.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
It feels good to not have any debt on our chest and makes us feel independent to take any decision as we want but we need to have some job or investment for better after retirement life.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
The age to retire in Ph is 60 for private workers but 65 for those working in a government office or company and even in community colleges and bug universities.

SHAHID987

Notable
Nov 15, 2022
Dex
$0.810
Raw Dex
$0.090
In young age people remain much more energetic and their quality of work remain entirely different as compare to old age person. So its better to use their energy on right place, try best to get extra ordinary job in which after retirement they'll get so many benefits one of which is pension.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.670
In young age people remain much more energetic and their quality of work remain entirely different as compare to old age person. So its better to use their energy on right place, try best to get extra ordinary job in which after retirement they'll get so many benefits one of which is pension.
That is the best thing to do for candidates of retirement so that once leave their workplace, they are inspired to face the next phase of their lives living without a boss. It might be too difficult for them at first, but later, they will et be accustomed to it and may enjoy doing online activities that pay them well. There are sites where retirees are hired to work.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$4.863
My plan for my retirement is still on the process of planning. It was affected because of this pandemic thing. I need to plan if things are settled in priorities.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.018
Another important thing you should do before retiring is to make sure you have another source of income working for you. It could be a personal business or it could be an investment. Just make sure you have something working for you and not reply on savings or pension.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.390
One of the first things to do before retiring is having a house, fully mortgaged or bought. Rent is one of the greatest expenses and it can make your pension to be worthless.

It's also important to have something to do to earn a living, even if it's just to alleviate boredom and not for the money.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I think another thing we need to do before retirement is we need to pay all our loans too because it will be a headache to pay them after we are retired

averygirl

Unfamiliar
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They say we should not worry of tomorrow and just worry about the present. But still I will do my best to prepare for my old age. It is a wise thing to do

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
Before you enter retirement, make sure you have prepared a plan, starting with calculating monthly expenses, create a monthly spending budget and reduce debt, increase the amount of your savings, invest in buying stocks and property, look for activities that can make money after retirement, for example opening a grocery store, become an online consultant etc.

Back