Understanding Mutual Funds

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Mutual funds is a situation where a group of individuals pools funds together and use those funds to invest in bonds, stock and other securities.

Think of it like a man that wants to buy a hose. He doesn't have money, so he talks to his friends to contribute money and they gather the money and go buy a house.

Just that in mutual funds, what is traded is bonds and stocks.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Mutual fund is a profitable investment. But it does involve mild to moderate risks. And one needs to understand it well before investing in it. There are many mutual fund options available in the market

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
I have not invested in mutual bond but from speculations, it is definitely moderate risk investment. Most mutual fund are selected by professional investors for their clients which they receive some amount of percentage if the invest yield profit.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Even we ( husband and I ) have invested some money in Mutual fund..Our finance portfolio manager takes care of our investments and he keeps us in loop for all updates and consulting. So far the investment in mutual fund is going good. It does involve moderate risk. Most people invest in Mutual funds keeping long term gain in mind.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.585
Mutual funds are a promising investment instrument, but we must learn about mutual funds before investing, especially the advantages and disadvantages. Some of the advantages of investing in mutual funds can be started with small capital, unlike investing in the stock market. But there are also disadvantages like you need at least 3 to four working days to turn your investment into money.

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.130
Raw Dex
$0.390
Mutual Fund is an investment pool where you put your money and the manager will use your money to invest in different assets. This is one of the easiest ways to make an investment without worrying about market risks

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
Mutual Fund is an investment pool where you put your money and the manager will use your money to invest in different assets. This is one of the easiest ways to make an investment without worrying about market risks
When we invest in Mutual funds and read the documents, the thing is very much clearly written that " Mutual funds are subject to market risks". So, it is very clear that it is dependent on market risks. The money is invested in market only in different assets.
The risk involved is however not very high,, but mild to moderate.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
You have to explore and get some bit of knowledge before you choose to invest in any kind of scheme. It's your hard earned money and you should feel confident and comfortable before investing it. Don't go by word of mouth. Do your own personal research and investigation. Each one of us have different financial obligations and risk appetite. Our choice of investment should be based on that.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Mutual funds is a situation where a group of individuals pools funds together and use those funds to invest in bonds, stock and other securities.

Think of it like a man that wants to buy a hose. He doesn't have money, so he talks to his friends to contribute money and they gather the money and go buy a house.

Just that in mutual funds, what is traded is bonds and stocks.
Makes sense to me! So it's like a group of friends pooling their money together to make a bigger investment. Only difference is theyre investing in bonds and stocks instead of a house.

arunima

Notable
Nov 28, 2022
Dex
$2.000
Raw Dex
$0.340
I have plans to invest in Stocks but till now I'm unable to as I am planning to learn it first
I appreciate that. It's the best thing to do. One has to understand the investment well and feel comfortable before you venture into it. Investing some time beforehand to understand it well would save you from inconvenience and frustration later. It's your hard earned money and you should take all care about it and not take hasty decision.

Back