What are some disadvantages of having a blog?

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.475
Well, there are many folks out there who may always want to create a blog and make it successful in the end. They may think that there might not be any disadvantages of owning a blog. So, is this really the case? Are there any disadvantages of owning a blog? What do you think about this interesting aspect of blogging?

Magnus2022

Notable
Nov 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
One of the disadvantages of owning a blog is that it is time consuming and so demanding. Secondly, blogging is not a quick means to make money online. A blog may stay years without making money for the owner.

Golden9

Notable
Sep 6, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.410
If you don't have the money to pay for hosting, domain name and a host of other premium tools, blogging will be disadvantageous to you.

You also need patience to get significant results unlike some ways of earning money.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
Over the few years that I have owned a blog, I have come across the disadvantages of owning one and that is just how time-consuming they can be. To have a successful blog you would need to be actively posting daily and posting new content daily and that can be very time-consuming not to mention the worry of writer's block as well that many tend to suffer with. It's never good when you are trying to keep your blog updated regularly and you hit writer's block if I am honest. You never know how long writer's block may last and that can lead to very little content until you gain ideas again for blog content.

saoussen5765

Notable
Jun 17, 2022
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.930
Over the few years that I have owned a blog, I have come across the disadvantages of owning one and that is just how time-consuming they can be. To have a successful blog you would need to be actively posting daily and posting new content daily and that can be very time-consuming not to mention the worry of writer's block as well that many tend to suffer with. It's never good when you are trying to keep your blog updated regularly and you hit writer's block if I am honest. You never know how long writer's block may last and that can lead to very little content until you gain ideas again for blog content.
The moderation of comments needs a life because there is so many spam advertising comments in the comment section.

Shortie

Notable
Writers Guild
Dec 29, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.445
The moderation of comments needs a life because there is so many spam advertising comments in the comment section.
I agree that is also one other disadvantage of having a blog is the moderating of comments. Many people I know have it set so that you have to have an account before you can post any comments and whilst that works better than say having guest posting enabled, it can also be a problem if bots are able to get through the registration process. I know there are some things you can have in place to prevent too many bot signups but I am not sure how many are available and how many of them are super efficient to prevent a barrage of spam.

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the disadvantages of owning a blog is that it is time consuming and so demanding. Secondly, blogging is not a quick means to make money online. A blog may stay years without making money for the owner.
Mine is that it will take a long time to make money off your blog unless you are having good traffic daily

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.360
It is very difficult for some people to get visitors to their blog, though they may get a large number of visitors for the same content on quora and elsewhere . The blog owner also has to do website maintenance if there is any problem.

Knowledge Quest

Notable
Sep 21, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some of the disadvantages of having a blog include the time commitment required to keep it updated regularly, the need to monitor comments and respond to inquiries, and the potential for negative feedback. Additionally, if you choose to monetize your blog, you may need to invest in marketing, advertising, and other activities to help promote it and generate an income. Finally, depending on the topic of your blog, you may need to stay up to date on industry news and trends in order to provide relevant and accurate content.

Ebutech

Somewhat Known
Oct 20, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yes
Yes this is so true, blogs can stay years without generating income for the owner and I think this is the discouraging part of it,and for you to make the most out of it, you must be willing to commit your time to it

nomad

Jun 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$5.330
If you want to start a blog for making money, blogging will be disadvantageous because it is not easy to generate income from your blog. Blog only when you are passionate about writing.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Exactly
This is why some people who aspire to be bloggers do not blog again because it is taking a longer time to make momey

cherry123

Popular
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$2.470
Raw Dex
$0.000
Blogging is time consuming and so demanding. I think this is one of the disadvantages of owning a blog then you don't make quick money off it because it takes time too.

gammarays

Notable
Sep 15, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Is there any disadvantage of having a blog? Maybe the stress involved in it. If you want to run an active blog, you need to be posting articles consistently and also hustle for traffic.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I think the disadvantage is the stress that you will go through. There should be no other disadvantage
Is there any disadvantage of having a blog? Maybe the stress involved in it. If you want to run an active blog, you need to be posting articles consistently and also hustle for traffic.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
To everything that has benefits, also has disadvantages. Blogging as good as it is, isn't good business idea for hustlers. You must have another source of livelihood before you can start succeeding in blogging. It is not quick rich program.

Back