What are the circumstances under which a cheque may be used as a means of payment?

Blessed19

Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It has really been a long time I saw the face of a cheque not to talk about it being used but in cases of big contracts text can be used to receive the payment from the contract.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
I guess a cheque should be used as a means of payment when they are paying a high amount of money
I think so too. Checks are commonly used for payments with large cash value transactions, to make it easier for us not to carry large amounts of cash. Apart from that, for security reasons, because checks that have been issued can still be canceled if there is something that makes them have to be cancelled. etc.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
I think so too. Checks are commonly used for payments with large cash value transactions, to make it easier for us not to carry large amounts of cash. Apart from that, for security reasons, because checks that have been issued can still be canceled if there is something that makes them have to be cancelled. etc.
You hardly see a commoner like us giving someone a cheque or making payment with a cheque. People like us make bank transfers and all. I have also never received a cheque before.

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It would be beneficial to pay using a cheque in a scenario where a buyer is paying a large amount of money.
Such strategy would ensure that both the buyer and the seller are not inconvenienced with having to handle colossal sums in cash.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
It would be beneficial to pay using a cheque in a scenario where a buyer is paying a large amount of money.
Such strategy would ensure that both the buyer and the seller are not inconvenienced with having to handle colossal sums in cash.
That is fir the rich people. I have never been issued a cheque but my mum has been issued a lot of times because she has a big grocery store and a lot of rich people patronize her

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
When the amounts involved in the transactions are higher
When the seller insists on payment by cheque
When the evidence of cheque is required

If a business does not approve the use of cheque for payment, there is no way it can be used to pay for anything.

I know it is only when a business approved for cheque to be used as a means of payment that it can be relevant in that kind of business.

Stardom22

Very Familiar
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$4.000
Raw Dex
$0.700
Most businesses would patronise the use of a cheque when dealing with a very larger amount of cash volume which may seem to be more riskier to carry from one place to the other.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.208
You hardly see a commoner like us giving someone a cheque or making payment with a cheque. People like us make bank transfers and all. I have also never received a cheque before.
Yes, I am the same as you, I have never made a transaction using a check. So far I've had enough with cash, e-wallets and bank transfers. Because my transaction value is relatively small, so I don't need a check. :D

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.130
Cheques are used in business transactions to double check fraud. With Cheques, there would be identity check which helps to ensure that you are not giving the wrong person the money. Cheques could be very important in business.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.078
Yes, I am the same as you, I have never made a transaction using a check. So far I've had enough with cash, e-wallets and bank transfers. Because my transaction value is relatively small, so I don't need a check. :D
And the good thing is that you can still transfer a lot of money with your phone but it cannot just be as much as cheques. Cheques is for big people and also big companies

kirubel

Somewhat Known
Oct 30, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Most of the times payment through cheque is used when the payer have no time to go in person to the bank and transfer the money it give s cheque to the worker or to the person who wants the money.

Fidelia

Notable
Oct 28, 2023
Dex
$0.010
Raw Dex
$0.250
I think a cheque can be used as a means of payment in the situation that the amount to be paid for a product involves a huge sum of money in the region of millions of dollars.

Back