Notable
Mar 1, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
When the account of the drawer has insufficient funds
When the amount written on it in words and figures does not match to each other
When the signature on the cheque does not match to the specimen signature stored by the Bank
Just like you have stated a lot of reasons could be behind the check bouncing.
Most of the time the date also matters you cannot take a check to be cashed in on the 16th to the bank on the 30th it will bounce.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.601
Raw Dex
$0.024
We need to always check our cheques to avoid it getting dishonoured. the time and the date also matters you cannot take a check to be cashed in a wrong date

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.290
Another thing that I have come to know that makes a cheque to be dishonored is using the wrong identity instrument. Every financial institution has the kind of person Identity that it requires for a cheque to be cleared.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Yeah I think there's should always be a penalty for all this kind of issue. Because I know people purposely do this as they know that is no penalty for this crime
There is a penalty already when your cheque is dishonored. The account of the owner of the cheque or the presenter would be debited. If it later detected to be fraud, the perpetrator would be arrested by the police or EFCC as the case might be.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
When the account of the drawer has insufficient funds
When the amount written on it in words and figures does not match to each other
When the signature on the cheque does not match to the specimen signature stored by the Bank

This is one of the reason why I hate it when people make use of cheque to pay me for my business and in most cases I don't accept cheque payments. They usually gives issues.

Back