What are the risks associated with online investment?

You

Somewhat Known
May 12, 2023
Dex
$2.330
Raw Dex
$0.005

• Volatility: The value of financial assets can fluctuate rapidly, and it's important to understand that online investment comes with inherent market risks. It's crucial to conduct thorough research and have a long-term investment strategy in place to mitigate potential losses.

• Security: While reputable online investment platforms prioritize security measures, it's essential to be cautious and ensure the platform you choose has robust security protocols to protect your personal information and investments.

• Lack of Personal Guidance: Online investment platforms may not provide personalized advice like traditional advisors. It's important to be self-informed and educate yourself about investment strategies and market trends.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.143
For most online investments they do not have a physical presence, so it might be pretty hard to trace them offline it anything goes wrong. This is one major risk with most online investments.

Hate2Wait

Very Familiar
Jun 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.010
There are many risks in Online Investment but we need to be careful about fake apps and investment plans that only have fake and tall claims that have been created to scam people.

riberet19

Notable
Jan 7, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.770
The risks are quite a lot, any online investment can cease to exist and become a scam at any time, volatility is another key factor that can put our investments at risk.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$0.525
Security for sure the biggest risk once invest online. Transactions are made virtually and who knows if the other party is a scammer so goodbye investment. And you cannot sue the person transacted online.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
The major risk associated with online investment is that you never can tell if they have a physical company or if they are legit or not no matter how many reviews you see online

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$0.525
Reviews online cannot guarantee assurance that people are telling the truth. Who knows they're fabricated to lure innocent victims. They might be a group of syndicates and wanted on the web. They might always change their names.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
Not all types of online investments have high volatility, you can invest in gold online, either on licensed private investment platforms, or investing directly in government agencies. You also don't have to stick to long-term online types of investments, you can also invest in money market mutual funds or you can also choose fixed income mutual funds.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Reviews online cannot guarantee assurance that people are telling the truth. Who knows they're fabricated to lure innocent victims. They might be a group of syndicates and wanted on the web. They might always change their names.
I have seen things like this before and that is why I always find it hard to believe anything I see online until someone who I know refers me and tells me that it is real

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$2.540
Raw Dex
$0.003
I buy and sell stocks online. I use the e-platform of my bank. It is safe and convenient. And I can see my portfolio on the platform easily. If I need expert advice, I'll talk to the Investment Manager of the bank.

Ofonime

Unfamiliar
Dec 25, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
If you are talking about online investment there are alot of risk associating to this there are alot of scam website that are ready to rob you of your hard earn money so you need to be very careful when investing online but there are still some reliable investment plartform which someone can make money

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.170
Raw Dex
$0.515
online investments comes with high risk as they do not have a physical presence, so it hard to trace the operators . This is one major risk as you can lose money easily

Sameemohs

Complete Stranger
Oct 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
1.Market Risk: Investments can fluctuate in value due to market conditions.

2.Lack of Diversification: Concentrating investments in one asset or sector increases risk.

3.Liquidity Risk: Difficulty selling assets quickly without significant loss.

4.Fraud and Scams: Risks of encountering fraudulent schemes and scams online.

5.Regulatory Changes: Laws and regulations can impact investments.

6.Cybersecurity: Risk of data breaches and theft in online investment platforms.

7.Loss of Principal:Investments can result in loss of initial capital.

8.Interest Rate Risk: Bond investments are sensitive to interest rate changes.

9.Inflation Risk: Reduced purchasing power due to inflation.

10.Geopolitical Events: Events like wars or political instability can impact investments.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
There are many risks if we invest online without being careful and thorough, we will encounter many fake trading robots, there are also many beginners who are trapped by high yield investment. Another risk of online investment is that the investment manager goes bankrupt. Bankruptcy share issuer etc.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$0.525
They're risks faced by an online investment one is fraud. This time it's observed that fraudulent activities are rampant online unstoppable. There are fraudsters thought to be legit. They're skilled and charming.

timewo

Notable
Jul 30, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.350
Fraud levels are far higher for online investment, one person will invest their hard earned money online, the tech and internet companies are manipulating the system so that the government does not recognize the real investor causing great losses, falsely claims that the government employees who do not spend money are investing money online.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.365
They're risks faced by an online investment one is fraud. This time it's observed that fraudulent activities are rampant online unstoppable. There are fraudsters thought to be legit. They're skilled and charming.
Investment frauds generally target beginners or those who want to make money easily and quickly, they also often offer high yields quickly without risk and they even offer a guarantee that you will get your money back.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$0.525
Investment frauds generally target beginners or those who want to make money easily and quickly, they also often offer high yields quickly without risk and they even offer a guarantee that you will get your money back.
Many were lured by scammers. They are trained on this and I believe they have a boss. If we are not careful and do not have updates on scam activities most probably, we will be cornered by them.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$8.000
Raw Dex
$0.525
We're investing virtual people we can't hold them only see them virtually. Their addresses may not be real to avoid getting caught in case they're scammers. They might pretend businessmen so let's not trust online business right away.

Back