What bad experiences in the business world have you had?

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In the business world, I often experience bad experiences in the form of untrusted partners. He sold my goods, but did not deposit the proceeds. Because one of my weaknesses is that I feel sorry for people easily, so I hopefully accept other people as partners.

It made me lose money in business, so now I have learned a lot from it. It is very important to be firm in business, as the saying goes "Brothers and business are different things that cannot be mixed up." How about you?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my poultry business, I have lost chicks. There is a time I lost close to 50 chickens in the space of 3 days. I was so devastated but I had to find strength from somewhere and move on.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In my poultry business, I have lost chicks. There is a time I lost close to 50 chickens in the space of 3 days. I was so devastated but I had to find strength from somewhere and move on.
Oh my God, that is so annoying. Where did they disappear? Was it stolen by a person or wild animal? Losing chicks in the livestock business often occurs, because sometimes they are stolen by people or wild animals such as stray dogs.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
I'm yet to start a real business that I want to be really serious and active with. So personally I haven't really gone through any stress here yet with business

capri

Somewhat Known
Jun 12, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I once had an emergency that prompted me to call one of my mobile service providers with a view to obtaining assistance.
This gesture however only caused me to become frustrated as I could not get hold of a customer care representative, despite being on the call for over 10 minutes.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$0.020
Raw Dex
$0.008
I have not run any business. But I have encountered a difficult boss. He was very bad tempered and mean. He requested staff to participate in meetings after office hours or during holidays. I quit after working there for a short while.

AruneBend

Notable
Apr 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I don't have bussiness but I believe that many bad things can happen when you manage bussiness sometimes bussiness even go bankrupt because something bad happend it's important to not panic and search for solutions

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Well, I would say that having to deal with the effects of inflation after selling off my products. I had to add extra 20% increase in my capital to buy what I sold off.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I have had my own share of terrible experiences. But the one that tops it all is when a trusted customer of more than three years patronage came to rent a game console from our game shop for overnight gaming. Till today, I am yet to see him again or the console. But he is active on social media and has blocked me.

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.433
Exploitation from the boss was a bad experience I had in my first month of working. All workers were instructed to stay outside the gate to wait for the van to pick us all up. We can't refuse though we didn't know where to go. And then we realized that we were brought to his Born Again church but we're all Roman Catholics, so the next day, I resigned.

Last edited:

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.530
Raw Dex
$0.015
The thing is that many bad things would always happen when you manage bussiness. it is a fact that situations would sometimes arise that needs critical and proactive solutions to solve it

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$5.000
Raw Dex
$0.433
Chances are great for an employee or employees if the manager is not bossy but a good leader. There are also mandatory managers that fear the workers. There is no harmony and the results would be massive turnover and business failure.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The worse experience i have had so far is letting a customer go out of trust that they would pay the balance they owe. Since then they have not and even stopped replying my messages.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Oh my God, that is so annoying. Where did they disappear? Was it stolen by a person or wild animal? Losing chicks in the livestock business often occurs, because sometimes they are stolen by people or wild animals such as stray dogs.
They were falling down and dying because of a hatchery borne disease. I have also raised birds that all got paralyzed because the food manufacturer forgot to put enough calcium in some batches of poultry feeds produced.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Having a Iot of your business products expire while still in stock is very bad experience one can have in business.
But this is something that can be controlled with a sound inventory management system. Any business that experiences this only has itself to blame for such a thing happening to them.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
They were falling down and dying because of a hatchery borne disease. I have also raised birds that all got paralyzed because the food manufacturer forgot to put enough calcium in some batches of poultry feeds produced.
It is very annoying if there is negligence on the part of the supplier, you have to complain if they supply products that do not meet quality standards. You don't want to be played and harmed.

Etini Willie

Notable
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.005
Raw Dex
$0.010
But this is something that can be controlled with a sound inventory management system. Any business that experiences this only has itself to blame for such a thing happening to them.
That case of expiry of stock is complete negligence on the part of all those involved in the business. I have been defrauded many times in my business. I have had to buy fuel and work for 8 hours without standing up only for the person to tell me he was planning to pay later. Till now, no show.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Having a Iot of your business products expire while still in stock is very bad experience one can have in business.
Yes, you are right, but it can be controlled by doing regular stock taking. For products that are about to expire in less than a few months, it would be nice to sell them quickly at a promo price. If this is not possible because the expiration date is near, it can be distributed free of charge to buyers as gifts.

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
The most difficult thing that I have faced in business is high competition. It makes working to be so hard because I have compete with others who may have been in business for ages. This thing has once made me give up in business. I guess I should learn how to thrive amidst competition.

Back