What factors should you prioritize while negotiating a new job?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.170
Raw Dex
$0.503
Yes it is not only about working but prioriting how much one will be getting paid The payment should be the type that can cover a lot of things as well

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Yes it is not only about working but prioriting how much one will be getting paid The payment should be the type that can cover a lot of things as well
You need to calculate how many hours it will take you to work and how much you will get paid to know if truly you are getting paid for the work you do and if the money is enough or not.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$4.170
Raw Dex
$0.503
You are right it is always important to be sure that the job is worth your time. There's no need wasting away on a time wasting jobs that it is worth it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Yes if it is not a remote job that don't need much expenses ohe should find out if what one is getting paid to do is truly what it should be
Exactly
You need to think about all of these things so that you can know if you will be able to take a job offer or if you will not be able to take it. It is very important

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Personally speaking, I am more focused on negotiating the right compensation for me. It will surely be my top priority when finding a suitable job for me. There is nothing wrong with demanding something if it is right based on your qualifications and work experience. Bargaining is fine when it comes to negotiating certain payment schemes. It is our freedom to demand it at some point.
Sure, I think that's what most people will actually consider at first before looking at other factors, but then while negotiating payment I think the company has to be taken into consideration too, that is, if they have the power to pay based on their income or revenue

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Sure, I think that's what most people will actually consider at first before looking at other factors, but then while negotiating payment I think the company has to be taken into consideration too, that is, if they have the power to pay based on their income or revenue
Some companies do not think about this and that is why they always end up reducing the amount of money they pay their workers and they will lose a lot of workers to that

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.523
I do hope that they have the ability to pay their hired employees. It will be a bad sign if they can pay in a delay mode. This is considered the red flag of working with them.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Personally speaking, I am more focused on negotiating the right compensation for me. It will surely be my top priority when finding a suitable job for me. There is nothing wrong with demanding something if it is right based on your qualifications and work experience. Bargaining is fine when it comes to negotiating certain payment schemes. It is our freedom to demand it at some point.

I believe that you should always consider your job requirement whenever you are negotiating for a new job in response to or in a relation to how much you're going to be paid for carrying out that particular kind of job.

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
I do hope that they have the ability to pay their hired employees. It will be a bad sign if they can pay in a delay mode. This is considered the red flag of working with them.

Employees won't be really wanting to work with such a company if the salary is being paid on a delay mode and even if such person desperately accept the job , he might still source for some other offer outside thereby frequently losing staff for the company
Post automatically merged:

Y
Some companies do not think about this and that is why they always end up reducing the amount of money they pay their workers and they will lose a lot of workers to that
Yeah, they really need to change that because it's that bad , I think they do have a fixed salaries scheme for different roles but the problem arise when an over qualified person applies for such job .

Last edited:

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Employees won't be really wanting to work with such a company if the salary is being paid on a delay mode and even if such person desperately accept the job , he might still source for some other offer outside thereby frequently losing staff for the company

Y

Yeah, they really need to change that because it's that bad , I think they do have a fixed salaries scheme for different roles but the problem arise when an over qualified person applies for such job .
I cannot even work on a website that will delay my payment not to talk of working in a company that delays my payment. It will not even be encouraging at all. I will be discouraged

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$6.523
I believe that you should always consider your job requirement whenever you are negotiating for a new job in response to or in a relation to how much you're going to be paid for carrying out that particular kind of job.
Indeed. If we are going to demand something with the company, we should be sure that we are qualified and the compensation will be corresponding with the job requirements.

That's right, I agree with you. But for me, if he offers a very low salary, then I will try to offer him to increase it to a decent amount, if they want to give it then I will accept, if they don't want to give me the salary I expect it's better for me to quit and look for another job .
I had asked the company before the salary structure. In this way, I can able to forecast what would be my career growth. When I saw it, I signed the contract without any questions.

Last edited:

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
Indeed. If we are going to demand something with the company, we should be sure that we are qualified and the compensation will be corresponding with the job requirements.

I had asked the company before the salary structure. In this way, I can able to forecast what would be my career growth. When I saw it, I signed the contract without any questions.
You should also be sure that you worth that thing that you are demanding because it does not make sense to be demanding for something you know that you never worked for. That is very important

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020

As long as what they are paying you is not enough to cover the job they are asking that you should be able to do on daily basis then it is not something that is worth it.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
As long as what they are paying you is not enough to cover the job they are asking that you should be able to do on daily basis then it is not something that is worth it.
I think a lot of people need to learn that the job they are doing is more than the amount of money they pay them so it will be good for them to look for other means of making money instead of having just one job that is not even enough for them

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think a lot of people need to learn that the job they are doing is more than the amount of money they pay them so it will be good for them to look for other means of making money instead of having just one job that is not even enough for them
That's right I totally agree with you. Salary is one of the things we have to consider before accepting / applying for a job. Don't let everything break even, not even enough to sustain our lives.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.603
That's right I totally agree with you. Salary is one of the things we have to consider before accepting / applying for a job. Don't let everything break even, not even enough to sustain our lives.
Some people will not consider salary because they will think that the money is a lot of money until they use all the money to take transport from work to the house.

astutimeliana723

Notable
Feb 23, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some people will not consider salary because they will think that the money is a lot of money until they use all the money to take transport from work to the house.
If the intention is to gain experience, like a child who just graduated from school, maybe it's okay not to consider salary too much. But at least he has nothing to lose and there is still some left that he can save for future needs.

Back