What is bonds?

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$4.790
Raw Dex
$0.008
Bonds are issued by governments and corporations when they want to borrow money. Buying a bond means that you are lending money to the issuer. You will be paid back the face value of the loan on a specified date plus periodic interest payments. Buying government bonds is a safe option unless the government goes bankrupt which happens rarely in developed countries.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
Investing in bonds is a type of investment in securities that are listed on the stock exchange, has a lower risk than stocks, but there are also some risks in bonds that need to be known, such as government bonds which also have a risk of losses occurring in the secondary market due to falling prices.

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$5.378
Bonds investment can be worthy investing in these days. However the bad side for that is that; it's quite difficult to determine a good company that has a higher credit ratings for you to invest in.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
In the securities market, bonds are classified as the lowest risk investment, if you can't analyze the condition of the company, it would be better if you only invest in government bonds and or corporate bonds.

uptrendfinancialsignal

Nov 24, 2022
Dex
$0.313
Raw Dex
$0.001
In the securities market, bonds are classified as the lowest risk investment, if you can't analyze the condition of the company, it would be better if you only invest in government bonds and or corporate bonds.
It is true that bond has a very low risk and it is more credible provided that you are giving investing in company with good credit record ,. especially government bonds.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
Yeah I was taught this in my school as bond is a debt instrument that is issued by a company same with any government institution. then you get interest on the amount you loaned

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
Yeah I was taught this in my school as bond is a debt instrument that is issued by a company same with any government institution. then you get interest on the amount you loaned
You are right, bonds mean acknowledgment of debt, even though there are many types of bonds out there but the point is the same, bondholders have a special right to claim their debts if the company is liquidated.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$1.250
Raw Dex
$0.013
I like the whole idea about investing in bonds its worth going for it as bondholders even have the right to claim their debts if the company is liquidated which is good

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
When a company is declared bankrupt by a court, liquidation will be held, bondholders have the privilege of getting paid in advance, compared to shareholders. Investors can buy bonds that give fixed interest or buy bonds that give floating interest or change according to market conditions.

Mayor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Compared to other investment out here, I think investing in bond is actually less risky. And it has proven to be a trusted investment over the years. Before investing in Bonds, It is best to ensure you are covered with the necessary information needed to guide you through.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
Compared to other investment out here, I think investing in bond is actually less risky. And it has proven to be a trusted investment over the years. Before investing in Bonds, It is best to ensure you are covered with the necessary information needed to guide you through.
You are right, before investing in anything we have to get adequate information, but government bonds don't need to be analyzed in depth because they are run by government agencies, so we don't have to worry about going bankrupt or anything else.

Mayor

Complete Stranger
May 20, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
You are right, before investing in anything we have to get adequate information, but government bonds don't need to be analyzed in depth because they are run by government agencies, so we don't have to worry about going bankrupt or anything else.
Ohhh, I actually do not know how Government bonds work. But I have heard always refer to it as a less risky venture or investment. But Is the return on investment very big? I am not sure of that.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.335
You can learn about government bonds on your country's securities site or local finance site. In general, bonds pay coupons or higher interest than deposit rates. Unfortunately, you can't redeem bonds all the time or when you need money.

Back