What Is internal auditing?

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
Internal auditing is an audit on the business books of accounts that is carried out by internal auditors which are auditors that are employed by the company.

So their core duty will be to perform an audit, and the resulting audit report will be presented directly to management and the board of directors for their assessment so that they can carry out an informed decision

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is important to have your financial statements by vetted auditors. It gives authenticity to the financial statements and make them worthy to be sent out.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
It is important to have your financial statements by vetted auditors. It gives authenticity to the financial statements and make them worthy to be sent out.

One of the reason why I believe that auditing is very important in your business is so that you will know when your workers are stealing from your business and killing your business indirectly.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.253
Sure that's one of the whole essence of auditing you will get to know quickly when your workers are stealing from your business and you can get the thief out immediately

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Some companies even use forensic auditing these days. The truth is that auditing is important because your accountants can be compromised to pad the financial statements. But I feel auditing is better being outsourced.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Some companies even use forensic auditing these days. The truth is that auditing is important because your accountants can be compromised to pad the financial statements. But I feel auditing is better being outsourced.

I actually have the same feeling about outsourcing auditing in your business because if it's something that is done internally, there is a high chance of bribing the department that will take care of the other thing to cover up some tracks.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Internal auditing is imperative in business operations. Internal auditing when the business used the internal mechanism to assess and evaluate the stocks of the company. It is through internal auditing that the company got to know its financial status. Auditing reflects in its record, receipts and expenditures.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Internal auditing is imperative in business operations. Internal auditing when the business used the internal mechanism to assess and evaluate the stocks of the company. It is through internal auditing that the company got to know its financial status. Auditing reflects in its record, receipts and expenditures.
Most organizations don't use internal auditors. There is a risk that they might be compromised since they are within the system. They prefer to use auditing firms to run their auditing.

Shavkat

Well Known
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.525
Raw Dex
$0.025
Most organizations don't use internal auditors. There is a risk that they might be compromised since they are within the system. They prefer to use auditing firms to run their auditing.
You said it right. Most of them hire external auditors to prevent from having some issues within the company. The local government agencies in my country were being audited at random.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What is the essence of having an internal auditor when you already have accountants in your organization. It is better to hire auditing firms to do your audit if you truly want an independent auditing process.

hastral45

Notable
Sep 16, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Internal auditing is the mechanism employed by corporate institutions to stake the stocks of their financial records. When this exercise is carried out using the internal structures like company financial officials without engaging the services of external auditors.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Just like the name suggests it is always done within the business. it is always done by people employed by the business ventures.

It is something that is very important to be carried out by any business establishments especially on a yearly basis in order to make sure that everything checks out financially with the business.

Chibson

Well Known
Nov 22, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
What is the essence of having an internal auditor when you already have accountants in your organization. It is better to hire auditing firms to do your audit if you truly want an independent auditing process.
I think you're right. Accountants in the business venture will do the work of an internal auditor. Hiring auditing firm in this regard is the best choice.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
@cherry123, I agree with you, basically internal audits are carried out as part of control, especially to improve company efficiency or performance, ensuring that financial transactions are recorded in accordance with procedures and comply with the accounting principles applicable in a country. Internal audit only functions as internal company information and cannot be used for external purposes such as taxes, banks and investors

Starmix

Very Familiar
Sep 2, 2022
Dex
$9.000
Raw Dex
$0.718
There's an internal auditor in my previous workplace. But in the government sector like in the university where I work, there's no internal auditor but COMMISSION ON AUDIT. It's very strict and the university Human Resource and Finance Offices are very careful in handling finance matters and releases.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.450
Raw Dex
$0.008
Internal auditing is an objective review of a company's internal systems, processes and procedures. It helps to improve the company's overall efficiency, productivity and operations. It's good that a company carries out internal auditing regularly.

Suba

Notable
Nov 11, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.375
There's an internal auditor in my previous workplace. But in the government sector like in the university where I work, there's no internal auditor but COMMISSION ON AUDIT. It's very strict and the university Human Resource and Finance Offices are very careful in handling finance matters and releases.
The Commission on Audit is an independent auditor belonging to the Filipino government whose job is to audit and examine assets and expenditures of government agencies. In contrast to an internal auditor, he is an employee of the private company where he works,

King Belieal

Unfamiliar
Oct 26, 2023
Dex
$0.594
Raw Dex
$1.530
I won't have an internal auditor if I had owned a company. Internal auditors can easily form cliques with staff and won't want to expose a staff in his clique caught to be defrauding the company.

Ratine

Somewhat Known
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$6.000
Raw Dex
$0.385
The internal audit is therefore carried out by the staffs of the business company internally before the main auditing that is normal done by the national government or other external governing bodies.

Back