What is organizational structure?

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
Someone told me that I should start building organizational structures in my business. I don't seem to understand. What is organization structure and how does it benefit a business?

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.748
An organizational structure is compromised the different departments in the company. It does not need to indicate the complete names of the top management and their position titles. If they do this, then it is called organizational chart.

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$2.238
The organizational structure of the business also states how the business is carried out in a way to be able to achieve the goals of your business. This is very important for businesses to have.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
An organizational structure is compromised the different departments in the company. It does not need to indicate the complete names of the top management and their position titles. If they do this, then it is called organizational chart.
So it actually means segmenting the business into different parts and each part focusing on a particular task . And then having leaders for this departments.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.018
I think the organizational structure of the business is the segments of the business, your plans , goals and vision. also states how the business should be directed as well.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I believe any business that is up to five years old should set up structures for itself. What structure does is that it makes the organization to run even when the owner is not around.

Last edited:

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
When we talk about business structures, it is all about setting up the business in such a way that each department can work independent of each other and stiil in close connection with each other.

Heatman

Team Lead
Jun 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
Every business have its own mode of operation and I believe that that is what structure is all about in any business because that is what determines how the business activities are carried out.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Let me say in a typical organization that is a higher institution. You have the vice chancellor or the president as the case may be. Then you have deans that are in charge of other aspects or the organization. There would be a dean for Student affairs, A dean for academics, Dean for Faculties. This is so that if you have a challenge, you know which department to go and get sorted out as it relates with your problem rather than going to the vice chancellor. That's organizational structure.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
In RIF for instance, the business is structured in thrre levels. The admins, the moderators and the users.
Post automatically merged:

An organizational structure shows the different hierarchical system in an organization. It helps to define roles and responsibilities of each cadre and helps co ordinated working between cadres. Above all, it helps in continuity of the business even without the owner or founder available.

Last edited:
Back