What is the age when one should be asked to start earning?

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
It is a nice thing if a child can come up with an idea of making money
We should embrace them
Post automatically merged:

It is a nice thing if a child can come up with an idea of making money
We should embrace them
Yes, we should give them our support to do that but school always comes first. The problem is when they know how to earn money they will not interest to do school anymore even some case they still finish their school, though

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$5.143
If we are talking about legality, it is ideal to work and earn some money at the age of 18. This is what it needs to be followed in my country as much as possible.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If we are talking about legality, it is ideal to work and earn some money at the age of 18. This is what it needs to be followed in my country as much as possible.
Yes, if talking about legality, same here in Indonesia, you can work at the age of 18 and you have to pay taxes, of course. But nowdays, with the changing of the way earning money, babies can earn money, of course its under their parents name, though

Liliana

Complete Stranger
Feb 13, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I remember in our days our parents always used to ask us to study hard. They used to say once we study well we will get a good job in a reputed company.

But nowadays I don't see kids taking studies seriously they want to earn soon. My kids don't show interest in studies, they think education is not the only criterion to be a successful person in life.

What's your opinion ?

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$7.360
For me I think that earning money does not have a specific age. Provided a person is eligible and they do all that is legal to earn money let them try out their luck to the world of working for money.

jetsaints30

Somewhat Known
Dec 14, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.020
I remember in our days our parents always used to ask us to study hard. They used to say once we study well we will get a good job in a reputed company.

But nowadays I don't see kids taking studies seriously they want to earn soon. My kids don't show interest in studies, they think education is not the only criterion to be a successful person in life.

What's your opinion ?
I think education is still very important in todays world. It can help you learn new things and develop your potential. It can also give you more options and opportunities in life. But I also respect that some kids may have different passions or goals that dont require formal education. I think the best thing we can do as parents is to support our kids and guide them to make wise decisions for their future.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$5.143
Yes, if talking about legality, same here in Indonesia, you can work at the age of 18 and you have to pay taxes, of course. But nowdays, with the changing of the way earning money, babies can earn money, of course its under their parents name, though
I guess it depends on certain countries if they allow this kind of legality issues of child's labor thing. If the children were under the approval of their biological parents, I cannot see any problem about it.

RicAngelo

Notable
Oct 10, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Child actor or child youtubers, we cant say that this is child's labor thing, this kind only knew that they are doing something fun and willing to do it as long as their parents do not push them doing it (its different case, though)

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would teach my children to start earning money before they turn 12. It is good to start teaching kids how to make money early. They won't be Liabilities to you financially.n

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$5.143
I would teach my children to start earning money before they turn 12. It is good to start teaching kids how to make money early. They won't be Liabilities to you financially.n
I am also teaching my niece to earn by having a piggy bank. I told her that having some pennies in her piggy bank can be rewarding. She can earn some and buy something afterwards.

freelancermaria

Notable
Oct 24, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.740
I believe that starting at a young age is advantageous because it will help him/her grow as a responsible and independent person. I've seen a lot of kids make money by playing online games.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$3.000
Raw Dex
$0.293
Children now are very smart . So they are now aware of the value of money. But they need to still be restricted in some certain age but train your child to 18 years

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I would teach my children to start earning at a young age. Let's say about 8, they should start earning their biscuit money. That would destroy the sense of entitlement as they grow up.

Back