What questions should you ask during an interview?

eldavis

Very Familiar
Sep 4, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$1.643
Have you ever had the opportunity to hold or head an interview for new intakes in a company or business organization before? If yes what questions should one ask? Question that would not seem too personal, and questions that would be best in knowing more about the person you are about to hire. Some persons believe asking their age seems too personal.

Sophie

Unfamiliar
Apr 28, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well aside from important qualifications like academic credentials, hospital check, fitness test and a few others I would ask the applicate how he or she knew about the employment opportunity and why they applied

aovurevu

Somewhat Known
May 4, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.070
Have you ever had the opportunity to hold or head an interview for new intakes in a company or business organization before? If yes what questions should one ask? Question that would not seem too personal, and questions that would be best in knowing more about the person you are about to hire. Some persons believe asking their age seems too personal.
Depending on the kind of role the person will be taking up ,after asking the normal requirements qualification and the rest , I will try asking a technical problem based on one or two problem the company has faced in the past or the one they are facing currently , but will be asked indirectly just to hear his/her view.

Shavkat

Well Known
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2022
Dex
$0.140
Raw Dex
$2.208
I don't usually ask certain things based from the applicants' resumes. I usually ask them situational cases on what position titles they are applying for. It is better to ask about the practical applications if they are knowledgeable on them.

cherry123

Very Familiar
Sep 5, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.300
The question will first depend on the kind of role the person will be taking up , I don't think it is good to ask any random question but ask questions pertaining to the job.

Niyi Briggs

Well Known
Nov 27, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.250
The only question I would ask a potential staff as part of an interview panel is "What difference would you bring to the operations of this company?". A potential staff who can answer this satisfactorily deserves to be employed.

Springtime

Well Known
Dec 22, 2022
Dex
$3.410
Raw Dex
$0.008
When I was working full time, I had the opportunity of hiring new staff for the department I worked at. During the interview, I would first asked the applicant to introduce himself/herself. Some of the questions I asked include What s(he) thinks is his/her strengths and weaknesses. Why s(he) applied for the job, and what s(he) aims to achieve in 5 years time.

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
If I were a boss of a company, then I may definitely ask certain questions. It is very important to assess and know the kind of person you tend to hire. Work experience is a relevant thing. However, asking about extra curricular activities is also quite important as well.

Last edited:

Passiveearner

Notable
Dec 28, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
Well aside from important qualifications like academic credentials, hospital check, fitness test and a few others I would ask the applicate how he or she knew about the employment opportunity and why they applied

It is very important to ask questions related to experience. Apart from that, some employers may also like to know a few things about your family background as well. Once I was interviewed by an employer and he asked me if someone could take my guarantee and i was shocked to hear that.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.238
It is very true that you need to ask questions like the hospital check or fitness test so that you can know if the person will be capable of doing the job or the person will not be capable

Stardom22

Well Known
Sep 1, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$4.095
I think the most important questions to be asked in the interview should be, apart from you getting paid salaries by the company, how do you have to offer in return to the company.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.238
I think the most important questions to be asked in the interview should be, apart from you getting paid salaries by the company, how do you have to offer in return to the company.
You are right so that you will know the things that you are supposed to do and the ones that you are not supposed to do in the company. It is just like you asking for the rules and regulations

Authenticity101

Somewhat Known
Aug 8, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
I think that when interviewing someone, you questions should be about how they qualify for the position. You will need to prompt them to talk about their previous experiences that relate to the job they are seeking. You can also ask them to talk about themselves and their character to see if they are good enough for the job.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.238
I think that when interviewing someone, you questions should be about how they qualify for the position. You will need to prompt them to talk about their previous experiences that relate to the job they are seeking. You can also ask them to talk about themselves and their character to see if they are good enough for the job.
There when are times their curriculum vitae does not really matter simply because they still need to have a skill of the job that you are employing them for

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
These are vital things to ask , you need to know what makes them the best candidate for the role out of other available candidates , you may ask them and sometimes see it in their CV.

IB D

Notable
Jan 6, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
One of the best areas I would hammer on is why you left your former job. This detail goes a long way to determine if you are a chaotic staff or not.

Bisolami

Very Familiar
Sep 19, 2022
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.238
These are vital things to ask , you need to know what makes them the best candidate for the role out of other available candidates , you may ask them and sometimes see it in their CV.
There are times when some companies will give them a practical test and this is where a lot of people fail because so many people find it very hard to defend the result that they own.

Abdul01

Unfamiliar
May 25, 2023
Dex
$0.000
Raw Dex
$0.000
There are times when some companies will give them a practical test and this is where a lot of people fail because so many people find it very hard to defend the result that they own.
Yeah, most people are not practical enough regarding what they know, they just know what is it in theory or written form since that's what they are being fed ,forgetting that to make a good employee , you must be able to apply what you know in solving problem.

Back